Campaign / Story Mode Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by JDMClark, May 24, 2014.

1. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

I would like to put on the table that the story line in my mind should flow like this. You are young and getting into the world of cars and you have to start with something cheap. You can find a beater in the junkyard to meet your driving needs. As you get the vehicle you find jobs you can do to make money. Jobs can range from either mmo style grind labor for good money or racing or taking apart in specific events. As the player earns money that money can be spent on car parts part body work or tools. Tools allow you to do the work yourself and maybe they can simplify the tools in the game to like 5 levels of tools. Throughout the game you unlock parts to get access to a new level of tools. So let's say your level 2 tools and you won a race against an important boss or something. Ching you unlock 1 of 4 parts to upgrade to level 3 tools. Now tools allow you to do labor yourself but until you can do labor yourself you have to take the car to a shop and pay someone to fix it. As the game progresses you earn money and work on cars. You expand your property with bigger garages and more things to add to your property. They you can also buy more vehicles to work on. Maybe have a d15 to do work with keep it maintained just for hauling around a trailer and making you money while you have your built up covet that you built and customized to race on local tracks.

Just my partial suggestion. I know there's much more possibility that can come from. This game this is just the design idea of a game I've always wanted to play. I noticed the devs were interested in community suggestions for future development and thought this thread would be handy.

Discuss your ideas!

2. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

i feel that they should have something along the lines of this, but they just need to make sure its not too tedious.

and with the free roam, you should be able to get any car and not have to pay for damages, but still have random cop chases and ai drivers.

and finally a question for the devs, what map system are you gonna use, one big map, the maps we have now, but teleports to each one (airports) or are you gonna make each map have its own chalenges, but selection like we have now. id like to know how you are gonna incorporate mod maps.

3. Calais

Calais
    Expand Collapse

4. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

I absolutely love this idea! Seems hard to make though in my opinion.

5. slinky

slinky
    Expand Collapse

hi, Roleplay with the free roam, and with damage is Pretty Nice

, Mature, Fun(when we are rich like a race pilot) and Responsable.

More,

a local chat in future multiplayers will be cool, for simulate Police cruise.

* kops -paper please, your engine have no exhaust sir, can you give me your keys and go outside the car.*
    * -No! see you

chase Tuuu luuu luuuuu

#5 slinky, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  6. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

Oh dear...

7. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

As a continuation to my idea. Make it where there's a junkyard to buy old wrecked cars you fix race or derby with whatever. And a beamng style PullAPart where u can find wrecked cars to buy parts off of. And then u have to take it somewhere to get painted etc. That's been like a dream game for me for ages.

Sent through the stars by my Galaxy with a Note for you!

8. nandee

nandee
    Expand Collapse

Your idea sounds like "Street Racing Redline":D

9. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

I've never heard about that. Thanks for enlighting me on a new game.. Well old game I've never heard of. Looks awesome lol.

10. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

*cough*

http://www.beamng.com/threads/597-Game-modes?p=7409#post7409

*cough*

11. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

Many of the things you have suggested are great ideas, however I don't think the game should necessarily have a story line. I don't think the game should have characters either. I my opinion the "career" should be set up similar to games like Forza Motorsport, Gran Turismo, Euro Truck sim and other similar games. You start with a little money and cheap cars, working your way up through a verity of different races, challenges, jobs ect. As you progress special jobs, challenges, races, events, ect. come up, but It is not a ridged story line, you choose what you do and when you do it. The games listed above still give the player a sense of progression without using a ridged story line or cheesy characters.

I agree with this also, there should be a sort of "sandbox" mode were you can unlimitedly drive and crash cars, but maybe with some restrictions like you can't fully tune or modify the cars (like in Forza).

Also another idea I have, would be if you did things like delivery missions, taxi driving, police car driving, Bus driver, and other driving or automotive related jobs to make money that you could spend on track days, demo derby cars, parts, repairs, races, cars ect. You could also make some money from races however that would be challenging at first. The player could also have a choice in what type of racing or job they do.

For example you might start out with a pizza delivery job, a warn out Pigeon and $4,000 to spend on cars and parts. You would decide what motorsport you wanted to participate in or invest in a better car for your job. Buy a cheap Moonhawk or Bluebuck as a demo derby car or maybe a drag car. Perhaps a modified Covet to compete on road courses and autocross. Maybe buy a rusted Barstow you want to restore, the player decides what they want to do with the money. During the beginning, the player would earn most of there money from there pizza deliver job earning enough to upgrade there car or buy additional cars. Eventually the player would get better, more interesting, more challenging, and higher paying jobs. Consequently they will be able to afford better and faster cars. Eventually the player will be able to upgrade to better more equipped garages and own more cars. After much experience the player would eventually be able to have jobs like stunt driving, test driver, and crash tester. If the player is a successful driver and making a lot of money form racing they may also choose to compete in Motorsports full time, no longer needing a job. Once the player reaches this level they are capable of having any job, many cars, and access to many competitions.

Also a side thought, would if players who have jobs as test drivers get to test new content made by the devs in a beta form a week or so before it is released to the public. That would be cool. :cool:

Anyways just some suggestions and my 2 cents worth (although at this point it's looking more like my $2 worth lol thats a lot of writing. I need a life :p)

12. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

I would prefer there be a good unique career mode for this game along with the free open sandbox we have right now also

13. Blockman

Blockman
    Expand Collapse

Ignore this

14. Michael

Michael
    Expand Collapse

I think it should be like a Forza game. Working your way up to the top. But I also think there should be different categories. Like you can do rally, off road, truck pulls, street, drag, track, and other races. I think when you start the game you are to pick one car but it would only work in certain categories. Then you build the car to fit the one you want. So the D-15 could be built for Off Road, truck pulls, or drag races. Also, in career mode, every action should have a reaction. So if you crash your car in free roam, you HAVE to pay for it. That's what you have to do in real life right? If there is frame damage, you could keep it and put it in your "personal junkyard" where you can later pull any working parts from it, or, you could sell it as a whole to the salvage yard and get money for it. The only thing is, is that you can't pull any parts, but you would get a good amount of money back. This would make it so realistic. Damage should also be saved if possible. So if you accidentally bump a wall and the bumper is dangling, next time you start up the game it would be the same.

I also have an online auction idea. In the game there can be a computer you can use to post cars and parts on a site like "Beamlist.org". There, real people can post their cars for auction online. Whoever wins the car will have their game automatically re-create it. Actually mileage, actual damage. Just have the car copied, then the person who sold it would have it deleted from their garage. This would be an awesome way to sell used stuff. Say there is a "Used" system in the game. When you post it, the game will know how long the part has been used for. So I could put up a set of rims with tires. The add would say "Used 2/10" meaning I have used 1/5th of the tires up. I know it is probably a lot of work but that is all coding and no real graphics. It could be set up as easy as craigslist. You could even just open an actual website called Beamlist.org that correlates and communicates with the game.

I also think the cars should have wear. Like rust, mud, water and so on.

Those are just my ideas.

15. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Mix our ideas together and pow! Best game ever.

16. rsb0204

rsb0204
    Expand Collapse

anyone remember testdrive EOD? just like that, with more detailed customization and a bigger freeroam area.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Possibly_Pos

Possibly_Pos
    Expand Collapse

that game was amazing... if i still had my ps2 i'd probably still play the game more then once a week

18. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

I think testdrive would be a good place to start. That game was really fun as there was no necessity to race but there was that motivation to do it in order to get better cars.

One thing that undoubtedly would need to be included is a very easy system for mod makers to include their content in the races or career mode.

19. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

That was an epic game, I played the heck out of it. The damage, the career, the verity of races, it was one of my favorite and most played PS2 games. :D Too bad I lost the disk years ago.

20. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Please add a game mode for survival with overpowered cop cars!!! Epic fun!!

#20 ThreeDTech21, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice