1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Camera wont work properly

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Zakk Tipton, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Zakk Tipton

Zakk Tipton
    Expand Collapse

When I just stared to play beamng after i dont know maybe 9 months the cameras in the game arent working, instead it just shows one camera but its only on one spot of the map. Does anyone know what might have caused this to happen? And before someone says anything about mods I go the mods off of the offcial beamng website. I did delete all of the mods and reinstalled the game but its the same. I forgot to mention earlier in this post the the maps wouldn't load and would stop loading at "spawning player" so that's why reinstalled the game. If anyone know how to fix the camera issue or what caused it I;d really appreciate the info.

2. kookymonkey6823

kookymonkey6823
    Expand Collapse

try doing Shift + C to do freecam, or try looking at the camera controls. If that doesnt work clear the cache

3. Zakk Tipton

Zakk Tipton
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Ill try it
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks it worked.

4. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Can you give some follow-up? Do you load up the game, your camera is viewing the map, you press shift+c and it's on your car again?

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Usually that means that something broke badly, either in the camera lua or in the vehicle.
    The last one would also cause you to get stuck at 'spawning player', if the issue is with the vehicle you have as default.
    SHIFT+C would usually always work, but your actual vehicle's camera won't in the cases above.

First try in Safe Mode (Launcher > Support Tools)
    That will exclude your whole User Folder (modification or other personal files).

If that Safe Mode works, it means your issue is within your User Folder. Could be a mod that's still somewhere there, or similar.
    If Safe Mode does not work, the issue is within your installation. A Clean Install would help: https://wiki.beamng.com/BeamNG_FAQ#How_do_I_perform_a_clean_reinstall.3F

6. Zakk Tipton

Zakk Tipton
    Expand Collapse

Well when i cleared the cache is said it was clearing like 148,000 items

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

That means you had several old/unused files that the game could safely get rid of (cache).
    What was the result of that, did it help?
    Clear Cache is usually used for different kind of issues, I doubt it would change anything for yours.

If it did not help, please follow the instructions I wrote above and report back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice