Unsolved Calculations inside Jbeam file

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by O1LER, Mar 9, 2022.

1. O1LER

O1LER
    Expand Collapse

Hello BeamNG modders,

I was looking trough the forum to find some information about wether its possible or not to do calculations inside jbeam files.

I found a post from AX53 about the need for hidden variables, so i guess even if calculations are possible, i would have no variables to store the results in.

But even without hidden variables it could be done, its just a matter of repeating the same calculation every time it is needed.

Is it possible to program basic math functions inside jbeam?
    And when yes, what are the expressions needed to do so?

I am happy with +-*/. But i guess i cant just add these symbols and expect beamNG to know that they are now mathematical expressions rather than proramming stuff...

My goal is to create a race electric engine with an adjustable power band, but not just a few point-point adjustments like it has been done many times, i would like to calculate the torque curve as an adjustable ring segment or parabola using only a few user adjustable variables. The formula, that uses only basic math functions to do so, i have already prepared.

Greetings, O1LER

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice