WIP C T K - The Forbidden Fruit Project

Discussion in 'Land' started by NOCARGO, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

There is a very high posibility this could turn out to be one of the most detailed cars on the game if all of the stuff posted here works as a guide

2. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Thank you everyone for your appreciation and positive feedback, I do miss a little criticism though ! :D

May I curiously ask what you mean by 'works as a guide' ?

3. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

I phrased that weirdly. As a reference point? Im not sure quite how to say it tbh. That if you are putting that much effort into the dash alone, the rest of the car must be very good.

On that same note, are you considering making all the lights in the interior light up when you turn on the headlights? (for the HVAC for example)

4. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

yes
    illum1.png illum2.png

• Like Like x 8
  5. Denis15

Denis15
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  6. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Thank you ! Concerning the release date I suppose we're talking about 3 months from now IF all goes well.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05
    Expand Collapse

Ouch, that sounds like a while. Something as high-quality as this is bound to take time though so it's worth it.

8. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  9. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

progress update :

After posting my (first?) showcase I got slightly annoyed by the interior mirror not positioning right and also the weird uv-puke
    *giggles* in the engine bay. So I started working on that. I also fixed the wobble from the standard steering wheel.

The mirror is getting better, let's say almost as good as it gets, just a little refining and positioning, something for later.

backviewmirror.png

I'm uv mapping the engine one step at a time, in fact the whole project is being uv mapped on step at a time :)
    I'm mapping quite uniformly initially (not much different color and/or shade) so I can see more clearly what belongs
    where. So in the coming pics/vids you will find boring colors on the engine, its just not finished yet.

engine_uv.png

I also added a working radiator fan and I made the crank pully and alternator pully/fan rev too. The radiator fan is currently
    still slightly too small (I shrunk the T-series' fan) and I'm still not determined about it's color. Currently it's black.
    I will also have to restyle the pullies because atm they are rotating poligons, heh that sounds worse than it looks though. :)

engineprops.png

The ETKi-series has a vented hood, so the CTK-28 will have too. I'm currently shaping a hood and here you can see some
    progress on it. Follow the lines and you will see that the extension follows the main shape of the original bonnet. At front
    you can see three moldings I made as a tool to get my mesh around afterwards, they will probably completely vanish. I had
    some doubts on the size of the L and R vents but they will follow the entire width of the hood eventually, just as the center one.

• Like Like x 4
  10. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Will the windshield wipers work?.. Looks amazing, this mod.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Thank you :) The wipers won't work before the mods' first release. After its release I might keep on expanding and improving it,
    in that case the wipers are definitely on the options list. Too bad we don't have rain to give them a purpose though, well, maybe
    by then... (*wishful thinking*)

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Calibration process of one of the tacho's - this is actually the one to see in the showcase while it wasn't calibrated yet.
    The other two gauge skins I made were already done though, after this one I have two more gauge skins to completely create,
    namely the imperial ones. :)

The marks of 2k and 3k are still ever so slightly off, that's a texture issue itself. It will be readjusted as I need to
    make the feeble numbers on the tacho a bit more clear anyway.

• Like Like x 5
  13. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

Oh man this is a dream the e28 ^^

when it comes out i'll drive on a race track on late sunset with this song

maybe you know in which
    german car film this is featured
    with pure late 80s early 90s vibes :p

#33 tobias95ng, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  14. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Ooh sounds funky :D

PS no don't know about that German car film

15. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

btw, will the air bags that you've been testing on the d-series be included with this mod?

16. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

edit:

ill correct myselve

on the e28 was a airbag for the driver as
    optional equipment aviable but it was expensive and rather rare
    sold

this is how the Bmw Airbag Steeringwheel looks like (Pic Bmw e30)

#36 tobias95ng, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  17. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Hmm nice you bring this up because I don't want to create a thread on the airbag project yet and I haven't been posting lately
    about it in that thread (I think it's the most recent airbag thread still) created by another member. It's a little off topic but I don't mind
    spending a few posts on it.

Concerning the airbag I'm stuck with a dilemma. After my last post on that I got it improved a little more but the main issue remains.
    It's always deploying too late no matter what I tried so far. Ever since the start of it I'm hoping that a dev or a 'dev-skilled' person would
    take the freedom to add some suggestions or knowledge about the physics that can be applied in BeamNG.

I am currently running three versions of BmNG to have fun with, work with and experiment with : 0.15.0.3 / 0.17.0 and 0.18.0 .
    Ever since reading about the 0.18 update before its release I was suspecting the airbag would need adaption for the updated
    D-series and my suspicion seemed to be right. Recently I ported the mod to 0.18 and indeed it was broken. I adapted the
    the attachment nodes for the airbag, cause the D's nodes were changed due to its update, and it worked again just as in 0.17 .
    Then I started improving it again, I found a brilliant idea (even if I say so myself) to keep the 'undeployed' airbag in position
    in relation to the g-forces of the car >> if you remember you could see that little ball swinging +left and right when taking quick
    and sharp turns. I added a 'little thruster' that pushes it constantly into a certain direction and now I can go as crazy as
    I want without the airbag ever coming out of the steering wheel. Then I started searching for a faster deployment solution
    again. Unfortunately no success yet :( . Initially I tried multiplying the hydro's expansion rates but there seems to be a limit
    on them fairly quickly. Then I tried to put thrusters on the deployment but those only push the jbeam out of its shape. I also
    wiped my 0.18 update on it after clearing cache and forgot my update files were still only in the user folder. Now that's not so
    bad, it's little work to connect the attachments to the new nodes again, a process that will repeat itself anyway if porting the
    mod to other vehicles. The main problem remains : FASTER DEPLOYMENT. A real airbag deploys at supersonic speed.
    I saw that recent mod about those auto search and destroy missiles, I don 't recall the name or creators right now, but
    there was stated that those missiles are going supersonic. So I checked the mod and discovered only thrusters.
    This means that the thrusters are building up speed until they reach mach 1 or more. So I tried boosting up the thrusters
    but again if I'm correct I reached a limit and as I said before, heavy thrust force damages the jbeam.

That's the current situation on my airbag mod :) Something in the back of my head is developing a new approach to
    make it spawn or deploy REALLY FAST but since I had no success so far and started focusing on a more successful
    production ( the CTK-28 ) the airbag matter is on a kind of sideline right now but not forgotten at all.

If I can get it to catch the dummy before he smashes onto the steering wheel then I will incorporate it in more vehicles,
    probably the CTK-28 included. But I don't want to release a non effective airbag. For the naked eye it works perfectly
    you know, the car crashes the dummy shakes and a eye blink later you see him floating on the airbag. But if you slow
    down simulation speed you discover that every time the dummy smashes against the steering wheel and THAT bothers
    me. I just want to know how far I can push the physics ( no matter in which way ) to make this work but my attention
    and efforts need their own rewards too so for now it's ETK-28. :)

Thanks for bringing this question up :)
    --- Post updated ---
    I think the latest models did but anyway my mod is CTK-28 not an E28. It is fictive and lore friendly although my
    goal is to preserve the immersion of the real life thing :p

#37 NOCARGO, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

Yep for the late models

http://www.bmw-etk.info/teile-katalog/prd/BMW/ST/P/E28/Lim/M5/ECE/L/M/1987/01/47222/32/32_0595
    --- Post updated ---
    Any hope for a Forum real badge version :(:confused:
    the model looks so close to the real deal :p

• Like Like x 1
  19. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

I think the latest models did but anyway my mod is CTK-28 not an E28. It is fictive and lore friendly although my
    goal is to preserve the immersion of the real life thing.
    First of all, that link(name) you posted is AWESOME ! I had no idea at all :D

Second, a forum real badge version ? I don't know, tobias95NG, this seems rather a large discussion concerning the topic
    because according to the topic I DON'T really want to name the brand and the badge is all about the name isn't it ?
    Btw I don't mind if the model codes (E-numbers) are used. But then at the end if people use the brand name I'm not going to
    tell them to shut up, right ? So, eventually, no, I'm not supporting it and here's why :

I don't want this awesome BeamNG experience and the forums cluttered with that brand logo. That logo has too much of
    controversial influence. At the end who knows people are going to think that this game owes its features to... that brand ?
    No no no. T h i s n o t m y a i m a t a l l !

Please give it a chance to think about it this way. I can tell you this : I've owned and driven dozens of bimmers ( I call then beamers
    ever since I was 15 or so ) in real life but that has to do nothing with the experience over here. First of all, the CTK-28 is more
    related to the ETKi-series than anything at all. No, just think about Alpina, Schnitger or Härtge, this is what CTK is to me and
    CTK has to stay fictional to me. :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Damn what an ugly steering wheel :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Dead_Mouse

Dead_Mouse
    Expand Collapse

this might compete with the quallity of alot of the vanilla cars, now all you gotta do is make it so you can change the onboard computer to do things besides just a map

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice