1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Bus steering feels dead.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Unster, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

Anyone else notice there's no force feedback in the bus steering, at least at moderate and higher speeds? At low speeds there is some. Was this intended? I'm not sure this is realistic (I've never driven a bus).

2. DirtCrazykid

DirtCrazykid
    Expand Collapse

It's not intended. The devs aim for realism and no steerable vehicle does that in real life. Try reinstalling and/or updating your steering wheel drivers.

3. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

I want to emphasize that it only happens with the bus, and only at moderate to high speeds. Not a driver issue.

4. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

well the bus is very heavy so it would need very powerful power steering so i think that's how a bus would act

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

It surely would have power steering, but I'm guessing not to the point where you don't feel anything and the wheel isn't even returning to the center when you let go of it after a turn. The T-series Gavril is a vehicle of similar mass and the steering feels fine in it. Powered, but not overpowered.

6. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

It IS a bus....

Seeing as it's BeamNG, is assume it's realistic, and, comparing it to busses I've seen I'll, the steering seems spot ln

7. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

The busses of this time period had very powerful power steering, while the T-Series' relatives of that time had weak or none. If you equip the Power Steering on the ETK 800, you'll see that it feels like the bus does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

And you may be right. Mainly I brought this up to see if it's a bug or was intended. Any bus drivers out there?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice