WIP Burnout Revenge Mobile Diner

Discussion in 'Land' started by Alec1200, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Alec1200

Alec1200
    Expand Collapse

Mobile Diner Rims are now available for now, might release more variants later on, parts to the diner will be made in the future as an add-on to the H-series.

Attached Files:

#1 Alec1200, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

"I have started to make 0.00001% of the work and I need someone to do everything else for me but other than that the model is complete"
    This is nowhere near close to the amount of separate parts you need, look at the H-Series cargobox as an example, all of the parts that are separate there need to be separate in your model too. And even after that, it will be only like 0.1% of the work you need to put in the mod.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. moonlightwoofles

moonlightwoofles
    Expand Collapse

maybe they actually do want help, leave em alone. just cuz they ask for help doesnt mean they want someone else to do the work, they may e new to modding and trying to learn

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Then I'm explaining that it's way harder than they think it is

5. zach444

zach444
    Expand Collapse

But at the same time you're a bit rude. No, i know we're not supposed to be "o let me do the mod for you" but you could have rephrased it a bit nicer, couldn't you?

And for the OP, @Alec1200 , i suggest watching modding streams, tutorials and Introduction to Vehicle Creation - BeamNG
    Have a nice day, both of you!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. PonkerDonker

PonkerDonker
    Expand Collapse

I was and am STILL a Burnout lover! Most the time playing Burnout Paradise or Burnout Revenge. So happy to see modders making stuff like this! Keep up the work, man!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Yeah sorry maybe I was a bit rude, I'm just tired of people kinda guilt tripping me and others like "I have no experience so you have to help me or else I will never finish the mod", idk if this is one of them but I saw a lot of it previously

• Like Like x 3
  8. r1pzor

r1pzor
    Expand Collapse

maybe give some people a chance and not assume everyone acts the same way. no point in coming out first response in a manner as such (Edit: Or just don't reply at all. c'mon.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alec1200

Alec1200
    Expand Collapse

I'm still working on separating the parts I realize I have quite a lot of work to do, but ill get it done eventually

10. TMccanna

TMccanna
    Expand Collapse

90% of mods on the forum now

11. Alec1200

Alec1200
    Expand Collapse

I'm starting with the wheels but I seem to be having trouble no matter what I do to try to fix it they dont appear in the game, I've tried referencing other mods to see how they did it and tutorials but still nothing, it would help me greatly if someone can point out what needs to be done, and here's the file

Attached Files:

• MD.zip

File size:
      98.5 KB
      Views:
  12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Lots of things wrong with this. Consider using the console when modding so you can see what exactly is wrong.
    First off, NEVER use materials.cs as it's becoming unsupported in a few months. Not to metion that your file references non-existent textures and the syntax is wrong. ALWAYS USE NEWEST POSSIBLE MODS AS REFERENCE, and even better use vanilla vehicles instead.
    Second, all your Jbeams have missing brackets. This corrupts the whole mod and that's why they don't show up. Consider using notepad++ for editing Jbeams so that you can easily highlight the brackets. JBEAM IS AN ULTRA SENSITIVE FORMAT AND WON'T TOLLERATE ANY SYNTAX ERRORS.
    Third, please use standardized naming. It is such a pain to find the wheels after I get them to show up. Start the name with the size and then a proper name of the wheels instead of just "zmd". Similarly the tires,
    Fourth, none of your slot names match up with each other at all, it's a complete mess, everything should match exactly, and it's so broken at the moment and nothing works even after the wheels show up. All of the names are also duplicated and they should ALWAYS be unique no matter what.
    Fifth, even after I managed to select the wheels in parts selector somehow, they are invisible and don't have tires, because none of the slot names match up and also flexbody names don't match up with the names in the model.
    Fourth, the model is not centered properly at all and it's one sided too. You are better off modifying the vanilla 15x8 standard steel wheels since they look similar enough. Also speaking of the size, it doesn't match up, they are much bigger than 17x8, maybe the scale is wrong in Blender.
    Lastly, PLEASE LEARN HOW TO USE BLENDER PROPERLY. The scene has like a hundred lights and cameras and each mesh has a dozen of different materials. Even after you fix all of the above I doubt this will work because of the mess of materials you have.
    In conclusion, a lot is wrong and you should start over with all of your Jbeam and make a lot of fixes to the model too.

13. Alec1200

Alec1200
    Expand Collapse

alright thanks for telling me as I just started learning about this stuff

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice