WIP Bumpy Road (download available)

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by TheCrySick, Sep 3, 2020.

1. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

Hi :)

After weeks of work, and even if it still needs a lot of work, I can finally officially present my first map!

This map will be rally-oriented with a lot of altitude variation. As you an see in the video, there is already a long and quite bumpy asphalt road, but it still perfectly drivable with a track-oriented car, as you can see in the video!
    For the moment, this map has to offer 12.8km/7.5milles of road with AI support, and I will now start working on a dirt track! Once it's done, I will add some vegetation, so the map will look better than this :p

If I have created this topic, it’s mainly because I have some questions to ask, since I have everything to learn:
    - A friend told me that is car spawn under the map, and it’s an issue I don’t have. Can you tell me if it’s happening for you too?
    - Is it possible to hide a road decal under another one? Or are you forced to let them merge together, like you can see in some locations?
    - The final goal is to create some time trials on this map, but I don’t have any idea how to do that. Did you know where I can find a clear tutorial?
    - I would like to replace the meshroad I am using to build the walls beside the road by real walls object, like you can see with most of the maps. Did you know how to do that?​
    I think that’s all I have to ask for now!

Thanks by advance! :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

That is really cool. Man you are unstoppable! First you make some of the best mods ever and now this. Man this is awesome. I wish you luck on your journey!

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

Thanks mate! :)
    But, I have to realistic, I am not the one who makes the best mod ;)

4. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

You know what, you're right. But to me you make some of the best mods ever. You're like a frank Sinatra in the making! :D

5. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

Well, if it's really what you think, then thanks! :)

But, even if I always try to do the best car in Automation, it still is an Automation car with all the downsides. And even for Automation cars, some guys are just way more talented than me, like @Inn0centJok3r for example :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

I've had a choppy internet connection lately, but after third time downloading this I'd say the file is fuckered. For me the roads don't match the height map at all and it uses italy overlay map, not the green one shown in the video. Some of the roads are submerged and the spawn point is under water.
    screenshot_2020-09-03_13-48-04.jpg screenshot_2020-09-03_13-58-33.jpg screenshot_2020-09-04_01-28-21.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

Ok, thanks for the feedback! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice