Released Bruckell Sunhawk DV

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by thepeca, Jul 31, 2014.

1. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

Bruckell Sunhawk
    Untitled.jpg Untitled9.jpg Untitled8.jpg Untitled7.jpg Untitled5.jpg

The Bruckell "Sunhawk". The overpowered version of the Moonhawk made by Bruckell in the last year of the Moonhawk production in the late '70s. Similarly to other car manufacturers at the time, this was the fastest, latest and last version of the production to boost the sales in the last year of the old model, and gain buyers from the younger audiences.

A little more than 5000 cars were made of this "Sunhawk" edition, all with the
    Supercharged 378 V8 Engine, the (back then) luxurious dark red interior trim and black vynil roof. Due to the power what the engine produced (398HP compared to the standard 210), the mostly young drivers and the outdated suspension, most of the cars were crashed in their early years (some of them as race cars), and a lot of them what survived have rusted away as time passed. There are only a few "Sunhawks" left still running. A "Sunhawk" in good condition is almost impossible to find, as most of the ones that are still driveable are extremely cheap (due to rust problems), and most of them are hobbyist cars.

This particular model you can try has a lot of aftermarket (and also a lot of rusty) body parts, an updated and lowered suspension (most components are replaced to it's superior modern counterparts), high performance transmission coupled with a locked differential, and the original supercharged engine block, what was extensively modded to almost double the original horsepower the car had. The car runs on a limited budget, so there are many old and rusted parts, but as a hobbyist car, it's always a "work in progress".

Untitled3.jpg Untitled11.jpg Untitled4.jpg

Important stuff :

When spawning the car, don't forget to select the "Sunhawk V8 DV" preset. It's a must for the optimal experience. No hubcaps and bumpers please :D

If you want to try the "Sunhawk" in white, without rust and the
    carbon-fibre hood (a car in much better condition), please select a new color with "0 Alpha" :)

Original car, the Bruckell Moonhawk was made completely by Gabester, and all the modding was done by me.

This mod adds a completely "new" car, and doesn't modify or overwrite the original car (or anything else) in your game. It's also compatible with most of the other mods around, and works fine with the "Pre-race Alpha". Installing and uninstalling is as simple as copying it into/deleting the "Sunhawk" folder in your "Vehicles" folder :)

Other download :

...and while you're here, you can check this also out, my other mod, the Grand Marshall DV (specially updated today for this occasion), and maybe
    do an "old vs new(er)" race or crash test :) They have very similar characteristics, but are from different eras ...Wich one is better?

Grand-Marshal-DV

DOWNLOAD THE SUNHAWK :
    View attachment sunhawk.zip

#1 thepeca, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ErikSW

ErikSW
    Expand Collapse

Loving the vinyl roof, but peak hp at 4200 rpm? Shouldn't it be somewhere around 5-6000 for this kind of engine? And also the clutch on the manual transmission is to weak, put it in 4th gear and try to do a burnout and you'll see.
    Except for those tiny, tiny flaws, excellent mod, I'm loving the style of it :D

3. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

This is a lot of fun And it looks great :3

4. Blockman

Blockman
    Expand Collapse

Great mod! I was expecting a convertible though

5. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

Yup, 4200rpm, it was an absolutely accidental solution for a lot of drivability issues ;) I mean, i could change all the gear and diff ratios, but at the end it would still be mostly undrivable at the end. Due to the torque it has, i had to "even up" the torque curve, so it has less power at shifts ups and downs (on automatic). This way the car wont spin out and land in a ditch the first time it changes gears, but it's still plenty enough to keep the wheels spin :D
    ..the clutch for the manual transmission is an other story.. whatever i do, it rather breaks than do it's job. I managed to tweak it to a point where i could burnout in 3rd gear, but above that something always breaks. I had a good 15minutes of "fun" with it, but i will have some more time with that, and try to fix it, as i came up with no working solution for it yet :)

Thanks, it was also a hell lot of fun making it :)

Thanks, and thats a great idea right there! :) I might just put my jbeam skills at test and come up with a convertible version later on :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice