WIP Brooklands Race track 1939

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Handsomesatan 2, Jun 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Handsomesatan 2

Handsomesatan 2
    Expand Collapse

Hi Everyone
    First time poster long time lurker.
    Im looking to try and re create Brooklands Race track.
    its a high speed banked tracked made in 1907 in the uk and it hasnt been in very many games.
    the reason i was wanting to start this is because the long highway is a bit dull and after going to the brooklands museum i jumped in the simulator they have and was super dissapointed.
    im hoping you guys would enjoy this aswell its my first project but because i really want this for myself im hoping to atleast get a build as soon as possible and then itterate from there.
    any comments suggestions or help would be grately appreciated since some of the tutorial videos for map making have alot of nonsense between actual helpful advice.
    I also want to make the mileage accurate so that we can really push the limits of high speed cars.
    thanks again
    i look to have a file within a week.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Handsomesatan 2

Handsomesatan 2
    Expand Collapse

ive come accross my first couple hurdles,
    firstly im getting this purple render distance which is making it impossible to see the bigger picture of the map,
    secondly is there a way to use the road making tool to make a banked surface because the tool doesnt seem to change when i modify the x y z axis
    thanks
    Matthew

3. Handsomesatan 2

Handsomesatan 2
    Expand Collapse

i finally have a working prototype which has a couple of bugs 1 being wheels popping at high speed but the general; layout is there
    i have checked and it is 3.7 miles

i am not allowed to upload this build is there something im missing?

4. Handsomesatan 2

Handsomesatan 2
    Expand Collapse

i have a build its still early im just figuring out how the tools work.
    please have a look and if you have any tips on why the tyres are popping and why the second half of the map has no collision i would be grateful.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

5. ameyro1

ameyro1
    Expand Collapse

off topic but I live literally right next to this place, glad to see it in game and I'm happy someone else knows about this spectacular place, not many seem to do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. nyoooooooooooom

nyoooooooooooom
    Expand Collapse

Currently the only problems i have with this is tat the ground is water, the before mentioned tire popping and the track being bumpy

7. STICH666

STICH666
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if it would be possible to laser scan the remnants of the track and interpolate what the rest of the track surface may have been like. I don't know the current condition of the pavement but I know it was extremely uneven back in the day based on the images of the massive Bentley 8-Litre with all 4 wheels completely off the ground. Someone built this track for Assetto Corsa so maybe you can use that for reference.

Attached Files:

• TimBirkin1920x670.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jellyhead

jellyhead
    Expand Collapse

i always go to brooklands bcause i am a massive car fan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice