Solved bronco suspension issues

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by JBatic, Aug 12, 2016.

1. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I have spent the last three hours updating the front suspension on my bronco with global wheels and brake simulation and now it wont show up when I try to spawn it. The global wheels and brake simulation where copied from the D series so it should be set up right, and I double and triple checked that every thing matches but it still doesn't work, so I am at a loss on whats wrong with it

Attached Files:

2. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I remove the front diff's from the JBeam, and I get it to load... Somewhat;

For your loading issue, check your front differentials. The other issue shown here looks to be related to your wheels JBeam files.

I dont have much time sadly to find the root of the issue, but those look to be the first major problem areas.

I will update this post if I do find a fix before you or someone else does :)

You might've just missed a bracket or a comma somewhere in your differentials section, or it may be setup incorrectly. I get these issues all the time when I do my own JBeam work.

Also, always check your console for any hints as to a problem line or section. This has helped me out numerous times and also helped me find out what to remove before I even loaded the mod into my game :p

Good luck :)

3. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

thanks I will double check my diffs with the D series
    --- Post updated ---
    I cant find anything wrong that is obvious and I am still getting the unable to decode jason vehicles/bronco/bronco suspension f jbeam error so I really don't know whats wrong
    I changed a few things so here's the current version

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

Theres a syntax error on line 387 in the bronco_suspension_f.jbeam file, it says so right in the console. Always look for the line number and look at that first.

In this case the line is "]," which should not be there. That is a closing bracket, but you do not have an opening bracket anywhere so it has nothing to close.

Code:
    "bronco_differential_F": { <-- open 1
        "information":{ <-- open 2
            "authors":"gabester / adam",
            "name":"Bronco Limited Slip Front Differential",
            "value":650,
        }, <-- close 2
        "differentials": [ <-- open 3
                ["wheelName1",     "wheelName2", "type", "state", "closedTorque", "engineTorqueCoef"],
                ["FL","FR", "lsd", "closed", 500, 1]
        ], < -- close 3
        "engine":{ <-- open 4
            "differential":3.73,
            "axleFriction":14
            }, <-- close 4
        "slotType" : "bronco_differential_F",
    ], <-- close ??? there is no opening bracket for this
    }, <-- close 1

• Like Like x 1
  5. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

thanks, I will fix that now
    --- Post updated ---
    alright I fixed that, but now the original wheels are on the wrong positions and the global wheels don't even load when I select them, so what do I have to change to get those working?

Attached Files:

6. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

Fix all the errors first. you have loads if missing meshes and stuff, once you get that done see if anything else starts working and work from there

• Like Like x 1
  7. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

ok I will see what I can do

8. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I couldn't figure out he missing meshes but I did try to update the rear suspension but it doesn't show up and the lua just says that it can't read my suspension files so now whats wrong with it?

Attached Files:

9. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

There still the same issue with the scalenodes used on this mod, you have to update all the jbeam files in order to make the common wheels / parts work here , that a huge task , maybe the reason why the original author didn't update it ;)

10. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

ok so that is what it was, driv3r1142 is helping me with updating the suspension so I will fix that in all the files

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice