1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Broken drive shaft

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hamster, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Hamster

Hamster
    Expand Collapse

Why are the drive shafts on most of the 4x4 trucks so weak? I've lost count of how many times the front or rear drive shaft has broken while playing, even doing light off-road tracks and going at low to moderate speeds. A few times, the drive shaft has broken while running on flat ground with zero damage to the vehicle.

2. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Were the driveshafts scraping the ground ? Is the motor correctly attached ? I've almost never broken the driveshafts of a 4x4, maybe clear your cache and try in safe mode ?

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

4x4s have really strong driveshafts, both irl and in game, maybe you removed the skidplate from the Hopper or something, because it shouldn't just break like that. I can only break one during intense police chases that last several minutes and damage the cars a lot. Or during big jumps like on the DTD Proving Ground map.

4. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

are you using custom engine mods without engine mounts? those cause the driveshaft to flap around and break

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice