Brake Disc Glow

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by JayBlazin454, Sep 8, 2017.

1. JayBlazin454

JayBlazin454
    Expand Collapse

Ever see a race cars brakes glow after a long hard slam on the brakes? Would be awesome to see this effect in Beamng!

Attached Files:

• IMG_4340.jpg
    • IMG_4006.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

It's possible. Like a lot of other little details though it's not high on their priority.

3. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

But it should. Anyone that is in this forums knows that i usually talk down to people asking for insane little details but having stuff like after fire effects (and misfiring explosion sounds) and the disc brake glow would probably add to the immersion of the game a LOT.

Besides, i highly doubt it would be too hard. The data for the brake thermals is already there. Having to convert the thermal value into glow and redness shouldn't be too hard.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. stbest95

stbest95
    Expand Collapse

i agree, there are many small details like this one that would add a lot to the immersion.

there are also some weird design decisions like not jbeaming the interiours properly - whenever the roof is bent on any of the cars the seats just glitch straight though.
    i dont think that a very simple jbeam structure for the seats would cost a lot of performance.
    together with the stretching windshield these two things combined are what ruins the look of highspeed collisions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JayBlazin454

JayBlazin454
    Expand Collapse

Wow thanks guys!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice