Solved Bolide skin not showing up correctly

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by AgentMooshroom5, Mar 11, 2018.

1. AgentMooshroom5

AgentMooshroom5
    Expand Collapse

I've been trying to make a skin for the bolide for a mod, but it won't show up in the correct place. the UV map for the skin is correct and an edited version of the civetta factory graphics, but doesn't show up in the correct place on the car. the .jbeam and materials.cs file are edited versions of the factory graphics, too.
    brokenskin1.png
    as you can probably see, the skin is on the roof, a-pillar and inside of the nosecone instead of a stripe down the side similar the the factory graphics.
    brokenskin2.png
    The UV map for the skin fits the UV map for the bolide that's included in the game, here it is layered on top of it (with transparency)
    brokenskin3.png
    I've attached the materials.cs, skin UV and .jbeam, along with a repacked version of the skin so you can see it ingame. if you could provide or let me know how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

right away i notice that you're materials has the wrong directory
    upload_2018-3-11_6-56-49.png
    i dont know if thats the cause, but idk much about colorable skins

3. AgentMooshroom5

AgentMooshroom5
    Expand Collapse

I think it used to have the correct directory, but i replaced all those lines with the civetta factory graphics when trying to fix it. guess i didn't change it back, oops. I'll fix that again, but it still didnt work before that anyway.

4. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

In the colorPaletteMap you need to add "_uv1" in the end of the texture, both texture file and the materials.cs entry. This is only needed with the colorable skins.

From
    Code:
    colorPaletteMap[2] = "vehicles/super/super_skin_civettaspecial/super_skin_civettaspecial.dds";
    To
    Code:
    colorPaletteMap[2] = "vehicles/super/super_skin_civettaspecial/super_skin_civettaspecial_uv1.dds";

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. AgentMooshroom5

AgentMooshroom5
    Expand Collapse

it worked, thank you so much!
    skinfixed.png

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice