WIP blown 70 chevelle SS HUGE UPDATE!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Land' started by nickzeboy, May 4, 2014.

1. nickzeboy

nickzeboy
    Expand Collapse

hey everybody i had some re-thinking to do and so i restarted this car, im now doing a 70 body style chevelle, same motor just i re-did the bug catcher and added some more detail. frame, trany, engine and suspension are finished (so far) and im goin to be starting on the body. also would like to know if anyone knows how to make it so the car will wheelie so the wheelie bars will actually work?

Attached Files:

• chevrolet_chevelle_1970.jpg
    • monster.PNG
    • chelle update.PNG
    #1 nickzeboy, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Re: blown 67 chevelle SS

That's some great modeling there! The body looks really good. My only nitpick is that you should round off the edge of the tyres, especially the rear ones, as they have quite a rounded edge in real life.

If you can, have a look at how jbeams work and try to teach yourself things. Building your own jbeam will be a lot easier than finding someone to do it for you, and you can make it how you want. It's really not that hard once you know the basics:)

Also, is this going to be a spaceframe/chassis with a fiberglass body (i.e funny car), or a modified Chevelle body/chassis (i.e pro stock)

3. nickzeboy

nickzeboy
    Expand Collapse

thanxs for the tips, yea i looked over the tires and you were right!! i am still trying to decide if i want it to be a funnycar because i could do a cool authentic role cage but at the same time i thought that a modified rear end on a stock chevelle body would look cool. I am more towards the pro stock look.:D:D:D

4. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Pro stock will probably look better anyways, especially for an older car like this. Either way, I'm sure it will look great:)

5. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Dunno if fiberglass body is a good idea, because you wont probably make it behave as it does. Better would be the second choice.

6. nickzeboy

nickzeboy
    Expand Collapse

good point

- - - Updated - - -

need help!!!! so i have finished to the point where i want to mirror my car and evrytime i try it glitches out. Any one know whats wrong or how to fix it???

7. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a bit more info ? You mean you allready exported the dae in game ?

8. nickzeboy

nickzeboy
    Expand Collapse

no i mean im still editing the car... ive created one half and im trying to duplicate the half and mirror.... im using blender!!! the duplicated half wont mirror and everytime i try to it glitches and the different parts in the car shoot everywhere.

9. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

Cool looking car. Good luck. :D

10. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Probably because pivots may not be at 0, 0, 0. But actually only X coords at 0 are needed for mirroring. IDK how mirroring works in blender, so try some googling.

11. nickzeboy

nickzeboy
    Expand Collapse

does anyone know how to fix the bluish-gray spots to the normal gray. when i go into texture mode all the bluish-gray spots don't exsist

Attached Files:

• screen.png
  12. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

I believe that is just a lighting error in blender when the light is not set in the correct position. From what I can see, the only error with the model is where the the division between the front wing and the door jamb is smoothed, whereas it should have an edge split (you can see this from the light patch just in front of the door)

13. nickzeboy

nickzeboy
    Expand Collapse

iv checked the lighting and its not that because when i go into texture mode, the parts where its bluish-gray, do not show up and there for when i spawn the car in game it has missing pieces. im not the greatest with blender so idk if i screwed something up with the meshes.

14. Brett

Brett
    Expand Collapse

Re-calc normals.

15. nickzeboy

nickzeboy
    Expand Collapse

THANX!!!!! helped alot but now my body wont show in-game and same with my trunk :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

fixed the body and trunk.... now wheels arnt centred.... know how to fix that?

16. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Do you mean that the wheels are in weird places ingame? If so you'll need to set the origin of everything to 0-0-0. Don't know much about blender but I think this link would work.
    http://blenderartists.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-150808.html

It looks great btw :) Good luck.

17. nickzeboy

nickzeboy
    Expand Collapse

Re: blown 70 chevelle SS

if you didnt check the top of the thread, please do cuz THERES AN UPDATE!!!!!:D:D:D:D

18. Blockman

Blockman
    Expand Collapse

Looking good! I'm loving those rims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

i am liking this alot! is that frame in the first post jbeamed?

20. nickzeboy

nickzeboy
    Expand Collapse

well im using the moonhawk jbeam, btw i will do this later, thanxs to gabester for using his jbeam, but im going to modify it slightly so it works better. as with my bronco, i will be very slow when this part comes but for now im working on the body shell. ill post pictures later.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice