Solved Blender to Beamng : "Export Forest V4" issue.

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by DePains, Dec 17, 2017.

1. DePains

DePains
    Expand Collapse

Hi there,

I am trying to create a map for Beamng, with issues but generally I find a workaround.
    But here I seem stuck : I can't successfully export a group of objects placed along a spline in Blender to a forest file for my map.
    I have followed the brief orientations given by B25Mitch in his "[Tutorial] Map in a Month" at D+13. I thought that the group name would be the filler of the "type" variable in the json file. But I could not get something different than this from the exporter :
    Capturedcran11.jpg

So I changed manually the "type" to the internal name given in the forest editor in game, which is "jerseybarrier_3m2". But this did not work as none of my objects appeared. The only difference was that the game crashed when I tried to use the brush of that item in the editor. Deleting the "jerseybarrier_3m2.forest4.json" file and reloading the map make the brush works correctly again (with materials and textures appearing normally).
    So the brush works with this object, but the json does not work. I have been comparing the json resulting from the game editor from the one created by the exporter and there are some differences : the "rotationMatrix" with 9 values replaced by a "quad" variable with 4 values and the order of the variables differs. Putting everything as the game puts it yield the same result.

Could someone help me on this please ?
    Thanks !

#1 DePains, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  2. DePains

DePains
    Expand Collapse

I'm back,

Finally found the console, which indicated me to delete old forest.json file located in the main folder with the .ter file.
    After deleting it my objects appeared and the brushes works. Now I can't seem to be able to move them once in the game editor (coordinates issue probably) but hey, that's that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice