Better Support for GeForce NOW Users

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Code Orange, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Code Orange

Code Orange
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

Recently I've been playing this game through GeForce Now, as my computer is rather outdated and the game runs beautifully through that service.
    For those of you who don't know, GeForce Now is a cloud-based game streaming service, quite similar to Stadia. It allows one to play any game offered through the platform on any computer, no matter the hardware, so long as you have strong and stable internet.
    Since I own BeamNG.drive on Steam, when I play the game through this service, my progress and vehicle configs are saved to my Steam account. This is great!
    However, what's not saved are my modified controls/keybinds, which is very annoying, as crashes in this kind of game are expected, and every time I have to relaunch the game, I need to reconfigure all the controls to my liking. This is annoying! And I think this could be fixed, since when I save my customised vehicle configs, it's still saved to my account when I relaunch the game. This tells me that, while the game saves *some* of your personal data to your Steam account, for whatever reason controls are saved separately.
    Another annoying feature is that mods aren't saved in any sense. If you want to play with a certain mod, you need to download it and activate it in your repository every time you relaunch the game through GeForce Now. This is probably harder to fix as it involves third-party content, so I have no suggestions on how this should be fixed. However, if it were to be fixed I'd be very happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Machbeth

Machbeth
    Expand Collapse

you spoke well. I hope they can do something

3. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Ok so its basically the new version of Google stadia/OnLive.

Im pretty sure these problems are more related to how GForce does steam compatibility rather than beamng tho.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Machbeth

Machbeth
    Expand Collapse

Stadia is not supported where I live.

5. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Dont matter. Its the same thing, streaming of a videogame without using a computer. I still think that system is not a good idea until super fast internet becomes mainstream almost everywhere. But still, the issue mentioned seems to be on Nvidia's ends.

6. Machbeth

Machbeth
    Expand Collapse

Nope. You don't need an ultra-fast internet to use it. Even a minimum of 10Mpbs works fine, but ping causes problems

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice