1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Bethesda's "Creation Club"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wild Hog, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

#1 Wild Hog, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  2. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

This system looks a lot like the kickstarter-like project that had been proposed here. Here's a quick presentation video of Bethesda's project if anyone's interested :

I guess this is the perfect occasion to see if such a system would work, and if implementing something like this to BeamNG would encourage quality mods creation and not just create hate from the community

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It's sad to see it getting hammer down without a chance even.
    People just see the 'omg paid mods' and ignore the rest :\

I wonder if considering them 'DLC' (but made with the collaboration between Bethesda and Modders) would make them appear any nicer to those people (at the end, aren't those basically that?)

4. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

I doubt kickstarter funding, let alone paid mods, will ever happen.

5. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

that pretty much sums up the majority of the toxic gaming communities.

6. Eerie Milk San

Eerie Milk San
    Expand Collapse

I'm not a big fan of the idea. From a financial viewpoint, I can't really pay for the mods I install, and it's a nice gut punch to have mods that were once free go paid (looking at you VCMOD), but I like concept of supporting modders because I understand the work that goes into a mod, I don't really know if I trust Bethesda given the their track record of paid mods so far, as the last system was incredibly terrible, working to make money not only off the player, but off the people who make modded content for the games themselves. I'm curious on how much Bethesda is actually going to invest themselves into the modding community keeping their games alive, or if this is just another way for them to make a quick buck of a game they have re-released like 3 times in the past 6 years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

And yet the Skyrim SE has the same bugs as the original! And they're focused on paid mods instead of fixing the game! Bethesda has a track record that nobody wants to see.

8. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

Yeah... I saw this coming as soon as they announced the mods for console and their way of doing all that, I have so many people to say "I told you so" to. Not a fan of DLC or and definitely not paid mods, a big difference between the two is while DLC wouldn't be made for any reason other than to make a profit, paid mods would for the most part be made by people who do it as a labor of love with very little or nothing expected in return and that is what they would get. the more popular mods might make the mod dev a few hundred bucks which might be enough for some mod developers to make half decent mods when they otherwise wouldn't. But as I said, that would only be for the most successful mod makers, most would make next to nothing for the time put into it.

9. SilverRam1500

SilverRam1500
    Expand Collapse

Am I missing something? You CAN still get free mods from the Nexus or other sites still, Bethesda weren't planning on taking those down right?

10. kruleworld

kruleworld
    Expand Collapse

You will probably have to remove your mod from those sites if you want it on Bethesda's program. How long until Bethesda demands that Nexus pay them a fee? or Nexus realises they can charge for mods?

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice