1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

BeamNG will be on the PS4?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AZeKort [FR-BZH], Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZeKort [FR-BZH]

AZeKort [FR-BZH]
    Expand Collapse

Hello guy!
    I'm a french guy but i'm going to speack english, so be sympathic with me!
    I know this game since 1 years. But the problem is i have a bad PC. I want to know, or suppose if BeamNG Drive can be produce on PS4.
    The PS4 can run the game?
    What the consequence if this game are product on Xbox/PS?
    It's possible?:confused:

2. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

No, it can not run on the PS4 (or any other console) because it is not powerfull enough.

3. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Il suffit de mettre la PS4 n'a pas assez de puissance pour exécuter BeamNG dur il faut un ordinateur pour exécuter ce jeu

4. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Its possible, but a HUGE amount of work that we cannot do right now.

• Like Like x 6
  5. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Haha! I was just about to say the same thing... the PS4 or the Xbone have enough in terms of hardware to run the game, but the shear amount of coding that would be required to port it to one of the systems is just completely impractical, never mind both.

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

sub 2ghz AMD apu...

• Like Like x 1
  7. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I understand that it is sub 2GHz but it still seems to run fairly well, even on slower machines... Plus each system has 8 cores (7 if you don't count the one running the processor) Which would help in the multi threading aspect of things. As for the AMD part, I have heard that BeamNG hates AMD cpus so I don't know how that would be dealt with.

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The APUs are slower than the FX series clock for clock. At 3ghz APUs can quite easily bottleneck in BeamNG.

While 8 cores help, its still AMD crippled multicore, and the singlecore performance required for beamNG just isnt there. Until BeamNG can spread a single vehicle across multiple cores, I dont see it working for anything but the simplest vehicles.

9. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Yea, that makes sense. Still though, BeamNG is just a Beta (is it in beta now or is it still in alpha) so perhaps as time goes on the multi threading capability of the game will allow for that eventually. I mean the physics engine is improved with every update so far (I believe) so perhaps someday it could run on them.

And here is where I pull a complete 180 and say that I don't want to see BeamNG on a console... and here is why.

Unlike PC games where we are free to have a modding community that can build and add content to a game as much as we please, the Console gaming world is a whole other ball game that seems to refuse any sort of creative content from outside party's what-so-ever. That being said, for BeamNG to have the same modding community behind it on a console and still have it pass all the legal issues would mean that it would have to ship with a full vehicle and map creator all bundled in. Which is next to nearly impossible. Then, on top of that, it would have to have a built in share community as well that only the consoles could access. Now, while all of that is not totally impossible, it is highly improbable that it would ever happen that way.

Granted the new game Trackmania Turbo seems to think that it has an idea as how to tackle this problem so I guess we are all going to have to see just how that goes before drawing any true conclusions on the whole content creation on consoles thing.

10. nobadesuuchan

nobadesuuchan
    Expand Collapse

please don't you console fags like leeching off our pc games and stealing our updates. stop. there will be less frequent updates and the developers will be more stressed as they have to develop it for 3 platforms, please don't do this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Isnt the difference between Intel and AMD the way the processors execute the instructions?

12. yolo-phil

yolo-phil
    Expand Collapse

Hmmmmm would be nice playing BeamNg on a Holodeck :D

13. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Maybe when DX12 becomes mainstream, amds would run better, it spreads the work far more evenly across the cores, compared to DX11.

14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Except the issue here is CPU rather than GPU.

15. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

If I recall, AMD cards use Mantle and thats an entirely different to the DX12 setup that nVidia run but I am seeing it from another wrong end am I not?

16. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Mantle is not used by anything. AMD cards can use DirectX and OpenGL just fine, as can NVidia. Mantle is already discontinued.

17. DavidTheTechGeek

DavidTheTechGeek
    Expand Collapse

pc master race 2016

18. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I knew I was to get something wrong, shows you out out of touch I am with AMD cards considering I used about 4 of them xD in 2 pcs of mine before I went green with nVidia and never looked back :D

Damn right and for that....and I thought I would just post Dan Bull here...

Okay I am being OP as anything here but I had to do it :p

• Like Like x 1
  19. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice