BeamNG taking extremely long to load although its on nvme

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Chris6ix, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Chris6ix

Chris6ix
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone!
    I upgraded my PC with a 2TB nvme to store my games on so that I could have faster loading times...and like, all of my Games are loading significantly faster with the nvme than the HDD they were on before (as expected).

But somehow BeamNG still takes ages to load, and it feels like it hasn't improved at all or just a little with the nvme...(idk for sure, I never counted how long it takes or whatever)

It takes very long to load into a map, and when I'm on the map everything is "transparent" and I can see every single object being slowly "loaded" or "rendered" in...(I have to wait about 30s for that everything is finished)
    While this happens, I can actually drive around and normally play, just that the car and the entire map are completely "invisible" or "transparent" for some time...

My specs are:
    Ryzen 7 1700
    GTX 1060 3G
    16GB 3333mhz
    2TB nvme
    Windows 10 64bit

#1 Chris6ix, Aug 6, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  2. AntaresDedsec

AntaresDedsec
    Expand Collapse

Try reinstalling the game directly into the drive instead of changing it's location. I changed the location of one of my games once into my SSD and it was pretty much broken in places. Fixed when I reinstalled the game into that SSD instead of transferring

3. Chris6ix

Chris6ix
    Expand Collapse

It is entirely on the nvme...I reinstalled basically my entire PC on that nvme (Completely new Windows install on 1st partition + reinstalled every single game onto the 2nd partition...only like "private/personal stuff" is still on the HDD) (And when I start my games I see with Task Manager that there is only activity on that nvme...)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice