1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BeamNG Realistic Community Lore Project.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrAnnoyingDude, Sep 28, 2019.

?

What should AMM's Australian cars be called?

1. Gavril

17 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Beaufort

143 vote(s)
    84.1%
  3. Other name (post in the thread)

10 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah, I forgot China.

But their LatAm presence is not as big as it used to be. Fiat, GM, Ford and others learned how to challenge them.

2. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Other way around in LATAM, FIAT was pretty much a market leader in the likes of Brazil and Argentina, currently losing it against VW.

3. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

This is why I love reading this thread. Every post is one of the following:
    • Completely unrealistic or at the very least extremely improbable headcanon
    • Complaining about the state of the global vehicle market
    • "I just copy-and-pasted the entire Wikipedia article for a car company and then replaced all instances of the company's name with a synonym for said name"
    • "The products of these two fictional companies in a video game share a texture file, so of course they must be related!"
    I can appreciate what you're trying to do, but good work takes effort.

Name: Typical Engines

“Let’s Go Somewhere”

General Information: Typical Engines Company, commonly referred to as Typical Engines (TE), is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Detroit that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts, and sells financial services. It was founded by William C. Typical on September 17, 1908. The company is the largest American automobile manufacturer, and one of the world's largest. In 1982, it partnered with ETK to make convertible electric crossover SUVs. In 2007, it merged with Hirochi to become THA, or Typical-Hirochi Automobiles.

Vehicles:
    Bronzado, a full-size pickup truck
    Rural, a full-size SUV based on the Bronzado frame
    Santa Monica, a mid-size sedan
    Pronghorn, a full-size sedan
    Voyage, a compact sedan
    Solstice, a mid-size SUV
    Strike, a subcompact EV that it only makes to make upper-middle-class Californians happy
    Superlight, an Italian-inspired electric supercar with a top speed of 900 miles per hour

#223 austen64, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TylerMaldonado8K

TylerMaldonado8K
    Expand Collapse

Websites... Someone could be making "Offical" websites for In-game brands? That would be cool. I think ETK has one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

You say this all, and then propose "Typical Engines" and a 900 MPH car.
    --- Post updated ---
    Do you have any ideas for the names of Swedish mass-market and luxury carmakers?

Because I came up with a name for the mass-market-brand-Jargl-luxury-group: Svenska Fordonsgruppe, or SFG for short.

6. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

Let me introduce you to a little thing called "satire."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I guess it wasn't a good one then.

8. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

It was good enough to fool you into thinking I was serious, because it was about on par with "Bruckell-Autobello."

• Like Like x 1
  9. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Well, there is a history of intercontinetal partnerships - FCA, DaimlerChrysler, Diamond Star Motors, Renault-AMC...

10. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

Oh sure, the historical probability is there—because it's literally a rehash of FCA with Bruckell and Autobello standing in for Chrysler and Fiat.

Hence why my satirical "Typical Engines" is just General Motors, and its biography is copied from the GM Wikipedia page.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Lots of official lore is rehashes.

12. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

There isn't really any official lore apart from names. The one-sentence backstory of Autobello bears no similarities to the origins of Fiat.
    Sure, "Bluebuck" and maybe "Roamer" are damn close to "Impala" and "Explorer," but the vehicles themselves and the little information given on them doesn't mirror any one real-life company. And in my opinion, "Bruckell" sounds way more realistic than "Brompton" and "Bolger."

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

240SX-like 200BX? Chevy C/K and the D-Series? Civic and Covet?

Also, what is so unrealistic about my names?

14. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

Again, it's not just names, it's that everything in this thread is copied verbatim (general information, backstory/historical events, model lineup, etc.). "Gavril Europe" is just Ford of Europe. "CVC" is just GMC. "Brompton" is just Oldsmobile. "Neptune" is just Saturn (now that's just goddamn lazy). I could go on.

The important distinction between what the devs are doing and what you're doing is that they aren't outright copying the entire story behind it. Autobello was founded after World War II, not like Fiat which traces its roots back to the 19th century. Ibishu and Hirochi both share elements between a wide range of Japanese companies, not just Honda and Subaru, for example. Gavril and Bruckell, similarly, combine elements of GM, Ford, and Chrysler, but neither is a direct copy of the real-life brands. "Neptune" is Saturn and you know it. The individual vehicles may bear a closer resemblance, but they're generic enough (especially the SBR4, K-Series, new Pessima, Pigeon, and Grand Marshal) to be distinct.

"Brompton" sounds like a British guy tried to come up with a name that sounded American but had never heard of a single American company. "Bolger" sounds like "Bulge," meaning no company would ever use that name due to its mock-ability and unappealing sound. Both share one thing in common: They're forced. "Gavril" and "Bruckell," while also forced (but to a lesser extent), seem like a natural progression of names like "Ford," "Chevrolet," and "Buick."

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Give your ideas then. Do you have any?

Brompton is a legitimate name, and the brand merges elements of different midrange US brands, and why would there be no European Gavril?

As for Neptune, it ain't mine.

16. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

No, I'll wait for the devs to either make the real lore or confirm there won't be any. I don't like writing fan fiction.

What makes a name legitimate? I said it sounds unrealistic. Is "legitimate" to you having it be recognized by the devs or made an official ingame brand? Because if so, then no name in this thread is legitimate.

I didn't say there wouldn't be. I'm saying you literally copied the story of Ford of Europe (merging the German and British divisions).

Seems like it is, as I can't find any mention of it before this post of yours:
    Also, if you dislike it, why did you add it to your "hub post?" No one else really directly addressed it.

17. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

SuperAusten64, I really liked that post you made. It was very funny and I also like the picture =D
    Also, just curious. what do you mean by "extremely improbable headcanon"?

18. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

From Google: "Headcanon is a fan's personal, idiosyncratic (unusual) interpretation of canon, such as habits of a character, the backstory of a character, or the nature of relationships between characters. The term comes from the fact that it is the canon that exists in a fan's head."

In essence, what I meant is that it is made-up lore that is not only inaccurate to the real information the devs have given us, but could never happen in real life.

What seems to be the more prevalent (common) type of headcanon here, however, is the kind that is basically ripoffs of real life brands with barely any changes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

beamng.fanfic

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the information :)

By the way, is that John Cena laughing on the picture you posted of the dude laughing?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice