1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BeamNG on ARM?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michaelflat, May 31, 2019.

1. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I think this has been asked before (sorry cant find the thread) but could we have BeamNG on arm, maybe a techdemo to see how well it would run? I know it won't run brilliantly, but it'd still be cool to have/test out... Maybe an alpha..

Although if it's too much hassle then just don't bother :p

But i do believe that in the future more mobile devices will have arm cpus..

2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

As far as I know, there is a laptop from Dell (I think?) that runs on an ARM processor. I've seen some test on how well it ran 32bit applications by using a built-in "translator" in Windows 10 which turned the 32bit calls into ARM. Even in a game like Rocket League, the performance was leaving quite a bit to desire, as with low settings the game had some trouble staying at 30fps & the general performance of the laptop was rather "meh".

Supposedly, there's a new laptop coming in some time that will pack an even stronger ARM 8cx processor that supposedly rivals the Core i5-8250U, so if someone from this forum gets it, we could ask them to run some tests :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

yeah reading up about the 8cx was what made me create this thread :p quite promising performance, and a better igpu than the intel one, but the performance is only there in native applications.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice