1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

BeamNG Keeps Exiting Full Screen

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Bing Bong, May 1, 2018.

1. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

I keep setting my BeamNG options to full screen, but sometimes when I start the game it starts in windowed mode, and when I hit the Windows key it always exits to windowed mode. Is there any way to make BeamNG stay in full screen? Thanks!

2. daveywaveyHD

daveywaveyHD
    Expand Collapse

Hey. A handful of games I own open in windowed despite full screen being enabled - not sure why. But an easy shortcut is to press Alt and Enter and the same time (Alt+Enter toggles full screen applications). Windows key disables full screen to enable the start menu, a lot of 'gaming' keyboards have a feature to disable the windows key - perhaps this is something to look into.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

If you need to TAB out frequently, use Borderless mode.
    Tabbing with fullscreen will toggle window mode.

• Like Like x 2
  4. davidinark

davidinark
    Expand Collapse

I know this is a bit of a bump, but I have been having this exact same problem lately. The game used to start full screen. Now, it starts windowed even when I force it to full screen, play in full screen, then exit while still in full screen. Open the game next time: opens in a window. The game did not used to do this. I do not play in windowed/borderless mode (or would rather not, I suppose I should say).

Thanks for any tips/advice on forcing full screen on launch.

5. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

It happened to me to. I think version 0.12 caused it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

A Support ID would help (replicate the issue a few times first):
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Support#A_developer_asked_for_a_Support_ID

7. davidinark

davidinark
    Expand Collapse

Well, of course as soon as I get assistance on submitting a ticket, it no longer starts up in windowed mode. Now, I don't know if this is related or not, but I got tired of windowed mode, so I put the game in borderless and set the resolution to my normal (1080p). That was fine, I suppose. But, when I tried to replicate the problem in order to submit a ticket, the goofy game stayed in full screen, even if I alt-tabbed out and did alt-enter. Being in tech support myself, I am completely aware of what's happening: system misbehaves until a tech shows up. Haha! Ah well, if it acts up again, I'll know what to do to report it. Thanks, Nadeox1!

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice