1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BeamNG is now a satisfying truck simulator…

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BravoNovemberZulu, Jun 16, 2024.

1. BravoNovemberZulu

BravoNovemberZulu
    Expand Collapse

…What with detailed mirrors and all, especially in Career Mode. The physics advantage over ATS/ETS is tasty. What would even better is more Snowrunner style freight opportunities, as Beam is king of off-road.

You still have to download a repository mod to get proper Eaton-Fuller shifter layouts, or Spicer twin types if you feel like plugging a second shifter in. Which I have. This mod I mention also appears to let you float gears with reasonable ease. It should just be added to the vanilla game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. energypolice52

energypolice52
    Expand Collapse

It’s become an everything simulator, from trucks to racing to rally to aviation and more.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. epicfacecanada

epicfacecanada
    Expand Collapse

Really the biggest thing now that it's lacking over games like ATS is the map size limits.

The detailed mirrors are a definite upgrade for not just trucks but all vehicles. Though with that I do wish to eventually see them add UI overlay's of the mirrors. Like you can do in ATS/ETS2.

I can see why the devs went for the Dual-shift rather than an Eaton or Spicer- style setup as it strikes a good balance between realism and usability for those using controller or keyboard. Though it would be nice to see 8 and 12 speed version for extra variety.

As for floating gears, the devs IIRC had a working version of unsynchronized transmission code but cut it just prior to the remasters release due to issues with arcade shifting. Given that we will likely see it in a future updates

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BravoNovemberZulu

BravoNovemberZulu
    Expand Collapse

That’s why I came up with the idea of “map linking” I posted about earlier, yup.

I meant the mod should be added as an option to the vanilla game, not replacing. There are after all a LOT of patterns out there. Anyone could map a range and splitter toggle to whatever key or button of course.

5. Pr9tkin

Pr9tkin
    Expand Collapse

There is no limitation) there is a mod where they connected 4 locations together, works great, the only limitation is the performance of your PC) I have 32gb works great

6. hacker420

hacker420
    Expand Collapse

there absolutely is a limitation, specifically a floating point calculation issue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice