Outdated BeamNG.horizon

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by AshtheticPFX, Jan 7, 2018.

?

What would you guys want from this mod in future?

1. Continue it

82.3%
  2. Restart it and make it better

15.4%
  3. Let someone else make it

1.3%
  4. EW. Do not do anything about this map

1.0%
  1. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

News: BeamNG.horizon 4 - Now In Development.

Forza Horizon 3 - A game of perfection set in the glorious country of Australia.
    BeamNG.drive - A game of crashes and destruction.

Go check out the website, where you can download the mod:
    https://devilisticjosh.wixsite.com/d3j0/horizon

Mix them together.
    Just imagine it for a second. Just think of wrecking a Pigeon with a T-Series in Surfers Paradise.

What if I told you that in a few months, you too can experience this. You wouldn't believe me, would you? Well, its happening. BeamNG.drive is getting the Forza Horizon 3 map (+ Blizzard Mountain). Why no Hot Wheels you ask? Well... You want Hot Wheels, check out my other project, BeamTrax! https://beamng.com/threads/beamtrax-the-toy-heaven.51400/

Progress:
    Byron Bay
    Surfers Paradise
    The Outback
    Yarra Valley
    Rainforest

Logo made by @MilanKD
    BeamNGhorizon.png

Tester List:
    @Danny Werewolf
    @PetrolheadWolfy
    @Tsutarja495
    @4G63T
    @Octothorp Obelus
    @SwagMaster11
    @Sylveon2
    + All developers listed below.

Dev List:
    @DevilisticJosh
    @Kampfansage
    @DutchyGamer
    @Fen
    @K£YS
    @MilanKD

Edit: This map is NOT a direct port from the game. It is recreated using the game's world map. Terrain may not be exactly as in the original game.

Want to be part of the testers or developers? Come join us! https://discord.gg/hBXSm6Q
    Development Blog:

07/01/18 - Day One:
    Already the map is having issues, the game deleted the entire ocean road meaning I have to remake that part. Blizzard Mountain may be scrapped due to issues with creating the roads and yes, that is Hot Wheels, but no it is not drivable. It is simply a background prop. And yes, for creation of the map I use an upscaled version of the Game's original map so I can see the roads. The map may need 4GB+ ram to run. I don't even know if my PC will be able to finish the job with 8GB ram
    Screenshot for Day One:
    DayOne.png

08/01/18 - Day Two:
    Major upgrades, Byron Bay is almost complete, the airport is also complete. And anyone who is a private beta tester has gotten their hands on a beta version of the map. If you wish to be a public beta tester, the link will be posted here within the next week. The map does have full AI support, so you can race against the AI around the map. To make things clear, this map is not a direct port from the original game. In the public beta or release, do not expect it to be 100% exact. The terrain may have issues and not able to be modelled exactly, it is as close as possible, but I may add some extra roads such as drifting roads in the empty space to the west of Surfers Paradise. The Hot Wheels design has been changed to a reference of my old FH3 club [D3J0] (The club has been deleted).
    Screenshot for Day Two:
    DayTwo.png

20/01/18 - Releases:
    Today the developers and I have released some new content for the map, there will be a lot of screenshots included below this blog post. I will paste in here the history of BeamNG.horizon direct from the Discord Server: 'And though the map hasn't started development yet, I can officially announce that as soon as BeamNG.horizon is complete, I will then start work on BeamNG.horizon Classic (BNG.HC) - I can confirm that it will be a recreation of the original Horizon map. History Time: This map first begun as a map named Forza Horizon 2 in BeamNG.drive. I then thought that it was too long so I named it BeamNG.europe. After this I decided 'I know the FH3 map much better, and can use the Dev Build to do more things.' so I renamed it to BeamNG.austraila (giving it it's development name to this day - BeamAustralia). This name could make people think it isn't the FH3 map however, so it was named BeamNG.horizon 3. This name would keep people looking for the two before. At this time the map's development had just started. I had originally planned for BeamTrax to be in there from the start, but with the BeamTrax issues including terrain things, I released it as a seperate map. I also planned for Blizzard Mountain to be in the map from the start, but due to terrain painter things, that is very hard to do, so I am remaking it as a seperate map just before the full map's release. At this time I thought "How cool would it be to go back to the map's roots of Europe, then I thought about the good times I had with FH1 on the 360. That settled it, I knew that I had to incorporate it. I had three ideas - Rename the map back to BeamNG.horizon 3 and also release 1 and 2 first, make two more maps for BNG.Classic and BNG.ClassicEU, or release BeamNG.Horizon Classic - an expansion which takes the shape of the Forza Horizon 1 map. I chose the third choice, and then opened this server for the public to enjoy, after acquiring some day one testers and developers.' We did reveal more today, including notable dates in this year:
    • July 12th 2018 - BeamNG.Horizon's (Planned) Release Date
    • June 30th 2018 - BeamNG.Blizzard's (Planned) Release Date
    • October 2018 - BeamNG.Horizon Classic's (Planned) Release Month - It is also planned to fit the release of Forza Horizon 4 if that does indeed release this year.
    We also have a batch of new logos which will be below. We also a cover car for BeamNG.blizzard - the BeamNG.Blizzard ETK800 RZ RY - Based on the Ford Focus RS RX Gymkhana 9 from Forza Horizon 3 & Forza Motorsport 7, this car will be releasing as a skin with the BeamNG.blizzard map in June this year. Also earlier today in the Discord, I revealed that I will be modifying the original map, including adding some references to inside jokes in the server and also to TV and Movies, especially set in Australia. Also, we do have a special License Plate designed by @Kampfansage based heavily on the Horizon 3 license plates. Now we do have some screenshots and new logos, so here they are:
    MapIcon.png
    BMMapIcon.png
    BeamNGHorizon_NewWhite.png
    Logo design by @MilanKD
    BeamNGhorizonclassic.png
    BeamNG.png
    BNGHReleaseDates.png
    Jump.jpg

17/02/18 - Small updates:
    If you have been watching this thread over the past week, you may have noticed the strange change of tags. It started as WIP, followed by On Hold, and then back to WIP. It then changed to Cancelled for a few hours yesterday before I remembered I had backed up the file. This is because on Thursday my PC messed up and the C Drive failed. This meant that I lost all of my mods, including the 200BX Engine Pack and the heavily WIP mod Rainbow Island, USA. Also on this drive was BeamNG.horizon. However I remembered that I had released the first beta to all private testers just a few days before. And so now that is my main focus as all of my other mods were erased as the drive wasn't detected by the BIOS, in another PC or even using a USB to Sata cable. Yes, this does mean that BeamNG.horizon, blizzard and classic may all be delayed. As for BeamTrax 2.0, that is also on hold at this time as all work done was erased. I have now learned to back up my files...

23/02/18 - Surprise!:
    Not even the devs knew about this. Public Beta 1 of BeamNG.horizon is out now! Download the zip and plop it in the mods folder today! Download it on the MEGA page listed below! (Why not beamng.com you ask? Well, the upload speeds to beamng.com were extremely slow so I have uploaded it to MEGA. The final map will be on beamng.com however.) Please let me know of any bugs either in the comment/replies area or PM me. https://mega.nz/#!dMtiSbwY!JOPKZ2Enr5UqudiLspKM_Yp2nXENDX2l3BT1uJvvaos

25/04/18 - Two Month Progress:
    Two months and two days ago we had the release of Public Beta 1. The map was then set to cancelled status. Since then the map has started progress (again) and Beta 2 is almost complete (I cannot confirm a date at this time) and the map is getting on smoothly. I can now confirm that Beta 2 will be soon and will be focused on buildings. Why buildings? Well, I have been able to create custom models for the buildings, especially houses and some skyscrapers.

25/04/18 - Two Month Progress (Again):
    Map Icon on Level Select
    upload_2018-4-25_16-28-40.png
    upload_2018-4-25_16-31-11.png
    upload_2018-4-25_16-33-21.png
    upload_2018-4-25_16-34-10.png
    upload_2018-4-25_16-35-22.png

BEAMNG.HORIZON LICENSE PLATE. SPECIAL THANKS TO @Kampfansage!

27/04/18 - Daily Posts are Back!
    I used to have daily updates on the map at the start of development. This was anything from screenshots to short clips to huge things. And it is back. So, in today's post I just want to cover some things about the map. A short QnA of my own questions which I would like to answer for you all.

Q) When is Public Beta 2?
    A) May 2018

Q) When is the next section of the map complete?
    A) For this I have added a large list at the top of the forum post showing what is and isn't complete.

Q) Will <insert area here> be in BeamNG.horizon?
    A) As mentioned before, most of the map will be here. At this point, there is no Coober Pedy, Central Rainforest* or Hot Wheels planned due to their confusing or compressed nature. (* = Some will be in, some not)

Q) Will Blizzard Mountain be in the map?
    A) Sort of. It will be standalone, and possibly released before the normal Australia map.

Q) Can I help to test/develop the map?
    A) Join my BeamNG.drive mod Discord server. https://discord.gg/hBXSm6Q

Q) When will your next BeamNG.horizon trailer release?
    A) Likely with Public Beta 2, so in May.

Q) I have another question. Can you answer it?
    A) Absolutely. Put it in the replies or PM me on either Discord or the BeamNG Forums!

Screenshot for 27/04/18:
    upload_2018-4-27_20-4-1.png

28/04/18:
    upload_2018-4-28_21-58-13.png

23/09/18:
    Hey! It's been a while! I have actually got some developers to work on the map, however, I have also been working on the map secretly in my spare time. It may even be ready for a pre-2019 release. More screenshots and info soon. ;)

16/12/18 - It's back:
    Hey there! It's been 3 months. I guess I should let you guys know that the mod is back. I suppose that it's a Christmas gift. I will be releasing a new beta on Christmas Eve. Thank you all for your support on the poll and during the development of this map.

Itrsbavck.png

Attached Files:

#1 AshtheticPFX, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. audi4141

audi4141
    Expand Collapse

Hey i like the idea,hope you get it up and running,the australian scene would fit nice with my interceptor;-)

3. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

it will be quite a while before I can even get a beta or something sorted out but hopefully by summer maybe.. who knows... the game will probably update and destroy the editor by then lol

4. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

That sounds awesome! at the moment there are very few high quality cities in the game, so i hope this turns out good. :D not trying to pressure you, though

5. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

so far it seems okay.. main issue is that I cant (as far as I know) get heightmaps from the game, so this is going to be hard to get the heights right but.... who knows XD

6. WackyFolf

WackyFolf
    Expand Collapse

Good luck!

7. audi4141

audi4141
    Expand Collapse

Well the best thing is to take your time and don't put to much stress on yourself,as long as you enjoy making it,it will all be fine.Good luck

8. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

id split up the maps if i were you.

9. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, maybe - I’ll speak to the testers and decide that way

10. FastGamer13579

FastGamer13579
    Expand Collapse

I'm here if you need help putting structures and aligning them with the real game. I can also beta test as well. I'm excited to see further progression. Don't let me down! ;)

I have FH3 on my Pc aswell.

11. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

oh so you have testers? :p

dont wanna be an idiot but i really want to test, your stuff looks lit af. especially the hotwh- i mean beamtrax map. ;)

12. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Whoa horizon 3 is amazing, never played it tho

13. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

There are testers but it is currently private.

14. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

Oh gosh

• Like Like x 3
  15. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

Aww I was thinking of that sort of format for the trailer when the map is almost done

16. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

So do you think I can beta test? I might be able to find some small issues or any ideas for the maps.

17. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

Give me about an hour and check your messages

18. Projekt535

Projekt535
    Expand Collapse

This is an amazing idea, just take your time and keep at it! If you ever need another tester, please let me know as well. :) I hope to see this completed some day!

19. ripibishocovet

ripibishocovet
    Expand Collapse

take your time :)

20. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

so how is the 25gb map going?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice