Released BeamNG.drive's Visual Enhancement Project (VEP) 3.0 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by cessni, Feb 19, 2016.

1. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

No idea.

2. wncmotard

wncmotard
    Expand Collapse

So, new to BeamNG and the forum. I got everything downloaded, installed properly, and once I re-assigned the hotkey to enable the filters I got it working. I have disabled SSAO as well. I'm really at a loss here. If I turn down the gamma far enough for the sky to not look blown out, then everything else it too dark. I've played with the vibrance settings and others that were recommended as well as removing any mods I had. I have attached a couple of screenshots to illustrate what I'm seeing on my end. I also tried to get the Carkiller mod working, but the Reshade.exe doesn't seem to do anything on my system.

Without VEP

With VEP

3. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

It is impossible for me to fix that without HDR implemented in the game, as told by the developers. Real life HDR comparison so you get the idea:

4. AustinPic

AustinPic
    Expand Collapse

amazing mod, only issue is that my colors are still washed out for me at 1 gamma. still hands down my favorite thing i've downloaded with no performance loss

5. Dyghaun

Dyghaun
    Expand Collapse

I'm loving to mess around with ReShade in BeamNG...
    that mediator thing has so many options it's easy to get lost.

But with your presets as a guide and a few tweakings now i have the image i've always wanted :D
    Many, many thanks!:D

**puts sunglasses on**
    Back to the game :cool:

Any tips on how to mess with the mediator setups?

6. Dr.Balbarian

Dr.Balbarian
    Expand Collapse

Hey, @cessni my GPU is slowly dying so I had to delete the reshade among other things in Beam, but my issue is now the "Reshade is loading... no reshade found." is stuck in the top left corner and wont go away. You know of a fix?

7. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

You have the uninstall instructions on the main page buddy. :)

8. Dr.Balbarian

Dr.Balbarian
    Expand Collapse

Lol I know that, I followed em' and it still stayed up there. I even tried reinstalling and then un installing to do it again and it was still there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fleebs

Fleebs
    Expand Collapse

same problem for me dude. so damn annoying.

Edit: went back and double checked, and guess what? I missed removing the dll.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dr.Balbarian

Dr.Balbarian
    Expand Collapse

You talking about the d3d11.dll? Cause thats gone, everything is gone in mine yet it's still there.

11. Dyghaun

Dyghaun
    Expand Collapse

You could always try to leave it there but disable all effects so its just doing nothing... :oops:
    It'll still try compiling effects but it'll do so lightning fast as it's compiling nothing. :cool:

12. Fleebs

Fleebs
    Expand Collapse

the problem is that theres a big text on screen, its annoying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dyghaun

Dyghaun
    Expand Collapse

oh, the text doesn't disappear...

try reinstalling reshade, run it once trying to get the effects to work and see if that also makes the text disappear...
    then disable effects and try again, if it worked...

as a last option, you could reinstall the game itself, since mods and configs, etc are located elsewhere, there's nothing to lose (except time maybe...)

if you reinstall the game and the problem remains then I really don't know what to do...

14. wncmotard

wncmotard
    Expand Collapse

Understood, thanks cessni. My graphics settings in game show an HDR checkbox though? And I'm familiar with real life HDR from photography actually.

15. Dyghaun

Dyghaun
    Expand Collapse

One thing I do to try to get around it is open up the map editor and fiddle with the values there...

sunlight, moonlight, ambient light...
    but that's very hacky, can get messy and you need to do it on every map individually...

also, in the past you had all HDR options in the game instead of on and off
    you can still mess with those settings finding it's file and editing it's values...

if you have the patience you can get great results...
    still not real HDR, but maybe you can emulate it or something this way...

16. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

It's not real HDR.

17. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

Hello, it have been a long time I've been using your preset and, when I've seen a photo of @3DTunes using some kind of 3 strip technicolor process... So I recreated it on the base of your preset... So here's the question : if I post my preset on the forum, will I have to credit you ? And if yes, for what ?
    I let you judge by the pics :

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

This mod is amazing, but for first-timers who have spent over 1000 hours playing BeamNG in stock graphics, it's gonna take a little used to process. Meanwhile, I got this pic, my question is, is it supposed to look this washed out?
    screenshot_00234.png

19. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

No need to credit me, but it'd be kind of you to mention it. I'm glad you did it :)

Yes, it's a big change. It is intended to look like that, but as you can see in the pictures of the main post, it looks better in certain conditions.

20. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

OK thanks for your reply ;) I'll surely mention you for the base of the preset ^_^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice