Released BeamNG.drive's Visual Enhancement Project (VEP) 3.0 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by cessni, Feb 19, 2016.

1. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

large.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Sunset Drive

Sunset Drive
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yeah, reply using memes.
    You unhelpful -insertunpostablewordhere-

3. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

Look mate, my preset has 2100+ downloads at this moment. From those 2100+ users, only two (you included) decided it was a good idea to click on one of those Mediafire ads. I'm sorry but I'm not making a guided tour on the Internet for you. I'm too busy.

#323 cessni, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

How do we know @cessni you are not 1337 h4x0r, now running 2100 pc botnet? :cool::p;)

Even if you did somehow make my computer a zombie :rolleyes: I really enjoy this unique graphics mod.

I think the coming game update has some changes to tire tread marks on the ground.(possibly?)

Are you planning to update your mods to utilize any updates they make?

#324 Matchbox201, Dec 19, 2016
  5. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

As I said in the tire mark mod page, the decals in the game need to be aligned to the wheels for the texture to be shown correctly (pic below).

6. Sunset Drive

Sunset Drive
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I did not click a mediafire ad.

7. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yes you did. No one else has had any issues with this. We can't make it any more clear for you. The problem is on your end, not VEP's end.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Sunset Drive

Sunset Drive
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Do ou think, after 2 years, 130 mods, and never a virus that i click a mediafire ad now?
    maybe i did, but it is highly unlikely.

9. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, though I wasn't really referring to the texture alignment or anything like that. I realize that is a base game issue. I was more thinking of the moment the new game release comes(possibly this week?), whether or not your mods will still provide improvements - and if you plan to update them if something new/better is available in game. I guess I am getting ahead of everything in my train of thought.... I'll just wait and see what happens. ;)

The downloads are clean. I recommend adding a javascript blocker to your browser, if virus infection is a frequent occurrence for you.

Perhaps @cessni can update the download link / instructions anyways, unless newer version of re-shade does not work? They have updated their download and installation method in Nov. https://reshade.me/#download

10. Sunset Drive

Sunset Drive
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Thank you sir.
    i hope he does, and i did get a virus when i accidentally bought a pirated RoR

11. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, my fault, I did not answer properly. Missed that part when replying, but I understood what you meant. Look, I wish I had the time to do so because that is what I'd love to do, and it's kinda my duty too as the creator, to keep all my releases up to date with the latest changes in the game. I don't want to abandon them, as I really like what I have accomplished and how it has been received by the users (I can't thank you enough for your support and feedback guys). Hopefully by the time the devs updates start breaking my mods they will already have moved on to a more advanced system of effects, or if that is not the case, maybe someone will be kind enough to release fixes so they are still usable if I'm not back by the time it happens.

Anyway, please keep me up to date on how my mods are performing with the latest updates, so in case they are not compatible anymore, I can warn other users until I come back to modding.

About ReShade I have no reports of issues either. But the same goes for it, although from experience I can tell there won't be much of a performance or looks difference if updated. Instead I see myself going through a big headache trying to figure out how to convert all the preset's .cfg files to the newer version.

Thanks in advance.

TL;DR

No reports of broken VEP because of game updates -> No VEP updates or obsolete flag. Very Busy. Sorry.

#331 cessni, Dec 19, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. CentralContact

CentralContact
    Expand Collapse

Sir I would like to say...

Thank you, I have a powerful PC and this mod helped me burn it. As you cant see I installed this and as soon as I loaded beamng I saw a brief 5.1239512347 seconds of beauty before my pc exploded and my house burnt down...

(I'm joking but holy crap dude this is amazing!)

• Like Like x 1
  13. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

:eek: You got me for a sec there hahaha. Thought you were another unhappy user who can't follow the 5-step instructions.

Thank you very much for letting me know the love for my work is shared. Enjoy!

14. kdog22

kdog22
    Expand Collapse

@cessni,

First I'd like to say this mod is amazing and makes the game so much more enjoyable.

However, I run a kind of a crappy graphics card and after installed this mod for some reason made my game slower than molasses. I was able to run it fine on my work PC though which is strange..... Either way, I'd like to keep the mod but I can't and I forget how to undo what I did in your simple 5-step instructions. I thought you had explained it somewhere in the thread, but I am having trouble finding what you said. At this point I need to fix the .dll file you had me replace with the ReShade64.dll, as I have already removed the other files.

15. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much. To uninstall read the instructions again and just check what files you were told to install and delete them.

16. kdog22

kdog22
    Expand Collapse

I have done that, but I can still see the ReShade version info at the top left of my Beam.NG and now that I have removed all of the installed files, it causes my game to freeze up. I am missing something I think. Not a huge issue as I can still play the game fine with now problems, it's just the start up time for the game.

17. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry but that's all there is to it. We can have a TeamViewer session instead.

18. Epix01

Epix01
    Expand Collapse

I don't understand why, but the mod seems to do absolutely nothing for me. I think I've followed all the instructions correctly, still nothing though.

19. Joey1231

Joey1231
    Expand Collapse

If you have a problem downloadinging reshade open in a private/incognito window

20. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

This song's bass drop and this mod in a cinematic

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice