1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

BeamNG Drive, laggy?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by mikk63792, Apr 25, 2015.

1. mikk63792

mikk63792
    Expand Collapse

Just installed this game again after some time.. Upgraded my computer a while ago, and havent tried it out on this setup yet.. But it lags like crazy.. I've tried to turn off the postfx settings, which do help, until i spawn another vehicle or start driving around a few hundred meters.. It goes from 60 fps to 20'ish..

And i should have more than plenty of power to take this game down.. 5820K, 16GB 2800Mhz Ram, GTX980 Superclocked, Asus motherboard and Samsung 840 Evo SSD's (The game is installed on one of these, and my OS is freshly installed yesterday)

I have all the newest drivers i can get for my hardware.. Dont really know what to do here :/ Can anyone help me out?

2. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Make sure that the power saving mode is off.

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Does it happens on a specific map or with a specific vehicle?

Are you playing in Fullscreen mode? If yes, is your Vsync on? If yes, turn it off.
    If not, does your FPS goes up if you press J to stop the simulation?

4. ShinRocks

ShinRocks
    Expand Collapse

Turning off the SSOA helps a lot. I have my settings at high, turned off AA/AF and Vsync. SSOA and DOF are off in PostFX. Runs in borderless fullscreen w/ Nvidia forced FXAA at 40-60 fps on most average maps with a single vehicle. Your processor speed makes a big difference, the more vehicles = the more calculations of beams it has to make.

The game is still in development and will improve as it progresses.

5. mikk63792

mikk63792
    Expand Collapse

SuperNoob: It is off.

Nadeox: Nope. Happens on every track and every vehicle. Yup, fullscreen without Vsync. My frames goes up if i press J.

Shinrocks: SSAO is off, but doesnt help in my case :( My settings are also at high, everything maxed out. A 5820K should be plenty for this game? Atleast i hope it is.

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Can you check if your CPU clock doesn't go down while playing BeamNG.
    If you stop the simulation, how much does the FPS goes up. If it is by a lot, then something is wrong CPU-wise. That CPU is more than good for BeamNG, so I could think of overheating.

7. mikk63792

mikk63792
    Expand Collapse

It goes up to 3300Mhz. Boost is at 3600Mhz. Never seen it at 3600 Mhz in BeamNG. They go up to around 74-75 fps.. Temps on the cores are between 30-35 degrees celcius.. Thats more than fine as far as i know..

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

70FPS? The game is locked at 60FPS (for the moment), how even?

9. mikk63792

mikk63792
    Expand Collapse

I'm using Rivatuner to measure fps.. Maybe it fucks it up.. Does the game have a function to do that?

10. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

ctrl+F

11. mikk63792

mikk63792
    Expand Collapse

It stays at 60 fps with the built in fps counter in the game, and stopped simulation.

12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Rivatuner may be going nuts.

Are you sure your GPU and CPU are normal?

13. mikk63792

mikk63792
    Expand Collapse

Pretty sure.. Runs everything else fine..

14. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Woops, mistyped.

I meant, is your GPU and CPU usage normal when playing BeamNG?

If you load the level gridmap and use the default pickup, how's your FPS?
    Does your FPS goes down when you do something specific?

15. mikk63792

mikk63792
    Expand Collapse

I dont see anything wrong with 10-15% cpu usage and 20'ish % gpu usage with two cars.. Mhz on gpu at 1240 (Boost to 1341 Mhz), and memory at 7000Mhz..
    For a brief moment, like 0,100 of a second, the frames dips to around 30 if i crash two vehicles.. Other than that, it stays at 60 fps on the grid map..

16. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You said you got FPS with all maps..
    Apparently that's not the case. You must be more specific on which level that FPS problem happens.. :\
    And also very specific on which vehicle it happens, and on how many of them you are using.

Obviously, the more car you spawn, the less FPS you are going to get (since more physics calculation is needed).
    Also, at what Resolution are you playing? BeamNG performance doesn't scale well with resolution (There is a lod calculation problem, it will be fixed)

17. mikk63792

mikk63792
    Expand Collapse

To clarify it the right way, its every single track, except the empty grid maps.. I am aware about that the more cars i spawn, the more of a fps drop i get.. I'm running 1920x1080.. Have tried 1280x720 in window mode, didnt help..

Also found out that if i remove all parts from two vehicles, it never comes under 50 fps.. Only when i crash them.. And thats on the Grid "test" map..

18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Alright, seems a problem with your CPU. Another person with a 5xxx CPU also had a similar problem, and it was due Windows and Core Parking.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2218553/turn-cpu-core-parking-windows.html

You could check if Windows is parking your cores. If yes, that's probably what's causing the low FPS. Luckily you can turn it off by simply checking the power plan settings options.

This utility may help you - http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility - One of us used it and it's legit and works.

19. mikk63792

mikk63792
    Expand Collapse

Well, the problem might be fixed now.. 4 of my cores were parked.. DL'ed the program from the link you gave me.. Gonna test it now..

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt work.. Maybe its the mods i'm using? I'm using the Gavril stepside mod by AR162B..

20. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I don't think that's the problem, your CPU should be able to handle pretty much anything.
    Something really sketchy is happening there.
    Can you check if all your cores are getting loaded while playing BeamNG?
    What's the average FPS you are getting?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice