Aviation Discussion.

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Jul 24, 2015.

1. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

I like planes, Im sure there are other people on here who like planes so... Let the discussions commence.
    Qantas City of Canberra (Left) & Qantas City of Alice Springs (right) :p
    City of Canberra & City of Alice Springs.jpg

2. Rollover

Rollover
    Expand Collapse

I like planes. I want to build one by hand some day... It would probably snap in half if it ever got off the ground, but that's half the fun.

3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

A salute to the Aussies, the last air force to use the "pig". One of the coolest most menacing deep strike aircraft of
    the cold war. Certainly the Russians feared this bad boy and I've had the privilege of seeing her fly at a few airshows.
    Nothing will replace her wicked lines and balls to the walls low level deep strike mission profile.:cool:

F-111C-A8-129-Dump-Burn.jpg 000181742_03_085.jpg general_f-111.gif r468.jpg

4. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

Lol

Anyone here enjoys flight sims? (not only commercial stuff) :p But here's some screenshots of my last sim flight :
    2015-7-22_21-27-29-850.png 2015-7-22_21-27-41-300.png
    Here on an approach in some ugly weather (thank god Ils exists lol).
    Yes, I know I'm landing with some stupidly strong tail-wind. Did it for the lulz / as a challenge lol.

Also, I'm currently doing my PPL training :D.

#4 CarlosAir, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Is that X-plane?....looks beautiful. Aviation is my love and joy but ironically I do not have the patience for todays sims.

Good luck on your PPL!

6. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

It's FSX, but with addons and shit :p. Default FSX looks far uglier haha.

Thanks! I'm really enjoying a lot :).

7. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

I have FSX Gold and Steam Editions. I have two joysticks: Logitech ATTK3, Logitech 3D Pro. I also have a yoke setup: Saitek ProFlight Yoke, rudder pedals, and throttle quadrant.

I enjoy flying, although the scenery in FSX is pretty boring usually. I would enjoy a scenery pack for Canada. :)

Usually I just fly small aircraft, go sightseeing, or just practice landing. I've only flown in FSX so I'm not great... Recently I flew a 737 from Abbotsford to Calgary and performed a very smooth landing though. Got lucky.

I hope to get a private pilot's license one day though.

@CarlosAir: Yes FSX does look really crappy with no addons. What scenery addons are you using?

8. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

That on the pictures is Aerosoft Barcelona X. Which does a good job on the airport and it's surroundings, but once you get out from there, it gets ugly again with FSX default scenery :p. I only have a few airport add-ons. I don't have any general scenery changer or things of that sort. I know ORBX has an add-on that improves all the scenery textures and stuff around the world, it looks pretty cool.

9. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if I've ever heard of ORBX. I've seen many airport scenery mods, etc. Besides that I've seen large scenery addons for certain parts of the world that usually cost around $50 each. Not really interested in paying more than 5 times more money for a addon then I payed for the game... I'll look at this ORBX, if it's free I would be interested.

10. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

I've checked it out now, and It's far from being free :p. https://www.fullterrain.com/product/ftxglobal Unfortunately many of the add-ons for flight sims can be very expensive if you want decent quality :(.

11. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

Wow, that looks very detailed and awesome! Definitely not free for something that good. Lakes look a bit awkward it seems according to one picture I saw in the gallery. Detailed cities would be very nice in FSX.

Although they do offer a few small free addons. The one I'm mainly interested in is Yosemite National Park. Looks like a nice place to fly around.

12. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Something I only noticed the other day is still amazing me. On the Wikipedia pages of Air disasters, most have photos of the Aircraft at some point before it crashed. I just find that to be awesome that somebody has taken the time to find a photo of the plane.
    MH370 (Left) & MH17 (Right) for example.
    529417_486142341450528_1795506378_n.jpg 863382-2ca7e178-a588-11e3-94c1-d923b8b77352.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

If you've ever checked out sites like airliners.net you'll understand why there are pics of just about every
    single airliner that ever flew. Quite the dedicated and intense community of aircraft spotters and photographers.

14. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

You start to forget how many people share this Earth with you, then you find stuff like that & it hits you :p

Also HARS (Historical Aircraft Restoration Society) the group that own my local domestic Airport (They are the ones who now own the Qantas 747 City of Canberra) own a rather special aircraft, A retired Qantas Super Lockheed Constellation dubbed "Connie". Everyone is Wollongong knows it, literally if you're in a public area when it flies over you will hear people saying "Look its Connie".
    1532488.jpg 1532487.jpg

15. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Just found out that "Connie" at one point was actually owned by the US Air Force, This Aircraft has had quite a life.
    529417_486142341450528_1795506378_n.jpg

16. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  17. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

18. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

The last one was epic , but almost all of them are sad . The "Amy , i love you" one was touching .

19. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Yes the one's calling out a loved one are well...depressing. Anyway, this thread is most certainly a celebration of aviation
    and not dying.

20. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

Dem wind

#20 CarlosAir, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice