Automation | The Car Company Tycoon Game

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Nish01, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Nish01

Nish01
    Expand Collapse

So, there was A single thread on this game. but the discussion wasnt about the game itself, it was what they said. I figured it deserved its own thread.

Just finished downloading the demo, about to try it out when i get home. It looks and sounds like an interesting game to tinker with and create some madness.

Anyone else try the demo or own the game (early access)? What are your thought and opinions on this game? Also if you own it, is it worth buying at this point in developement?

#1 Nish01, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i tried the demo (and downloaded a few engines from the automation forums, which sadly don't seem to load in the demo)

it's lot of fun, i made a few engines (crap ones because i have no idea what any of that shiz means, but the game does tell you what they all mean, so i'm sure if i looked i would understand it)

someone made a program that allows you to take automation .lua engine files and convert them to beamng .jbeam files, which i find really awesome, as you can make your engine exactly how you want in automation, then use the program to convert it to beamng's jbeam format (i believe some of the automation devs are also helping him out, or offered to do so)

3. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

So when is this game supposed to be finished? Says late 2014 in whatever that is that you quoted, but I haven't heard anything of it being released, or planned to release soon.

4. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I've had the game since early 2013. I really like it, but I wish the devs would take a break from making more car models to finish up some of the new engine types and features. (Only I4, I6, and V8 at the moment.)

5. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

inb4 I12 in a passenger car

6. spavatch

spavatch
    Expand Collapse

Another happy 'turbocharged' licence owner here :). The game's so much fun, especially since you can now mate your engines with cars and test them ;).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice