WIP Austrian Motorsport Park

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by TheGameLix2, Dec 5, 2020.

1. TheGameLix2

TheGameLix2
    Expand Collapse

Quite some time ago I released a map named "Austrian Dragstrip" and the map was pretty much just that. A bit later I added an oval Dirt-Track.
    Now I wanna take it a step further by firstly creating a full-sized racetrack that goes around the dragstrip and later on a few other smaller tracks and testing areas.

Here is a preview of the currently planned shape of the racetrack (outlined):
    screenshot_2020-12-05_19-57-08.jpg

About one year ago I already started to work on a pretty big racetrack map-project which I unfortunately never finished. However I'm planning on recycling certain design and layout choices of the unfinished and unpublished map. Here are some screenshots, so you get an idea what the racetrack in the "Austrian Motorsport Park" will look like:
    screenshot_2020-12-05_19-06-08.jpg screenshot_2020-12-05_19-06-34.jpg screenshot_2020-12-05_19-06-48.jpg screenshot_2020-12-05_19-07-46.jpg
    The currently planned racetrack-design is heavily inspired by classical european racetracks like Spa and Monza.

This thread is supposed to serve as a platform for you to propose ideas and suggestions but also as a request from me to all fellow map-makers to let me know about useful practices.
    How do I create a smooth terrain, realistic curbs or long lines of catchfencing and tire barriers? Please let me know if you know!

Currently planned features of the Motorsport Park (text = finished):
    • Dragstrip
    • Oval Dirt-Track
    • Stunt Arena
    • F1 suitable racetrack
    • Parking Area (for drifting etc.)
    • Dirt-Track (for buggies)
    Here you can download and have a look at the current state of the map:
    https://beamng.com/resources/austrian-dragstrip-dirt-track.3596/

• Like Like x 4
  2. NuclearChaos

NuclearChaos
    Expand Collapse

Is this going to be like the old Austrian Racetrack layout you made but just updated?
    --- Post updated ---
    I would also ask and recommend you put in the features from the Austrian Dragstrip [REVAMPED] done by 2Fast Racing such as the Working Drag Lights and timing system, track lighting, sand drag track, and mud drag track. Make it a true Motorsports park that can accommodate all kinds of racing. I do think that the things done by 2Fast Racing did improve many things and would like to see those things they added in their version of the map to be added to your original version of the map.

3. TheGameLix2

TheGameLix2
    Expand Collapse

It won't resamble the Austrian Racetrack, because it is supposed to be much more similar to large scale real life layouts.

Yes, I will definitely be looking into working drag lights, timing systems and track lighting!
    "Make it a true Motorsports park that can accommodate all kinds of racing" That's the plan, so I will most likely add sand and mud drag tracks after the main racetrack is finished!

4. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

really neat, good map for testing everything in a car

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice