Assetto Corsa cars you prefer to use?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fufsgfen, Dec 27, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm finding out that cars are bit hit and miss to me, some are such that I don't really use them much at all, sounds are terrible, handling is not inspiring etc. Then some I like much better.

Then there are ton of mods, but I don't have many, even from few I have many seem to be broken or not really up to vanilla content.

So I became curious what other people run?

My list in not particular order (My memory is terrible so might need to update with proper names).

Ferrari:
    FXX599 race car thing
    Old open wheeler, I wonder if it was called 312, something from 70's

Toyota:
    AE86 (Tuned version is faster than GT86, same power as GT86, but less weight, more fun, less control)
    GT86

Lotus:
    125 Open wheeler
    Exige street car
    (Handling is the thing with these)

Mercedes:
    190 Evolution DTM race car (lot to do with the sound)

Nissan:
    Skyline Street version, but I mostly like from the sounds, it is bit boat like in handling wise.

Can't remember if there were others, need to check I guess, but generally seems to be that quite many of the cars just does not ignite the spark, like Mercedes modern ones, sounds are not very inspiring.

There are also still many cars that I have not attempted, especially mods. It takes easily about an hour to actually get into handling of the car, so takes time to go trough them all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RenAzuma66

RenAzuma66
    Expand Collapse

Ferrari:
    LaFerrari for drifting
    FXX-K is a great all-rounder

Porsche:
    911 GT3RS for drifting
    911 GT2RS(mod) for drifting
    918 for hill-climb-ish roads

Alfa Giulia QV for countryside roads and drifting
    33 Stradale for roads with lots wide corners

Aventador for hill-climb-ish roads
    Countash for drifting

Pagani Zonda R for sound (I highly recommend this sound mod for it)
    Huayra BC for that pull power

RUF CTR for deadly rides
    RUF RT12R awd for hill-climb-ish roads

PS: The RSS GT pack is glorious especially the murcielago rgt
    PS2: Screenshot_ferrari_laferrari_ks_silverstone_30-5-119-17-30-45.jpg Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_countach_ks_silverstone_28-4-119-18-44-39.jpg Screenshot_porsche_911_gt2_rs_2018_ks_highlands_26-5-119-13-56-28.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I did not remember making this topic :D

Another car I like a lot, actually my current favorite:
    BMW 235i race car

I did not know my game had that car, but I bought that for Raceroom and realized after that AC has it too.

In BeamNG I made ETK-K series with race slicks to be close match and AC is so slippery compared to BeamNG and especially compared to Raceroom, but after tires warm up, AC version gains quite bit of grip.

Only AC has lot of tracks though, most tracks in Raceroom are not so interesting in layout and for BeamNG real world race tracks are super limited in numbers, Road Atlanta and Lacuna Seca are what I use most.

Anyway, such slow cars are great for working on your cornering, it is easy to loose time and difficult to gain it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. RenAzuma66

RenAzuma66
    Expand Collapse

Is raceroom a good game? Anyway yeah Beam is really sparse on racetracks. Also it's so bad that i have good enough ram but not good enough graphics card to run the game. I have never played on WCU, Hirochi Raceway, Italy, all those big ones.
    Feels weird drifting supercars eh? I personally first feel it click in with the 911 gt3rs on topgear testtrack and moved up to a 963 hp monster:)
    the problem with most cars is the steering angle. Most street cars are good but no race cars and super/hypercars are. exept the laferrari
    --- Post updated ---
    Because of the spring cleaning event i got raceroom for free and still havent installed it.

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Raceroom is free to play game, content is what is then going to murder your wallet, like totally ;)

Also you might like to try Raceroom now as it has free to play competition, when you launch game click the blue electric car on main screen and you can get to play Nordschleife with really fast electric car free, those cost money normally, but I like Raceroom Nordschleife being the best one.

I did not like from Raceroom at first, but then I found out FFB settings that did work for me, I can post screenshot in few hours (busy now), but essentially I did turn everything to zero except steering arm forces, also set FFB lot less than normal.
    Then on audio page, there is a setting that controls how much echo/reverb there is, that was insane high by default which made it sound funny.

With those fixes it has been great, especially single player races are lot of fun as AI is not always ramming into you like in AC, but also Leaderboards are great in that.

You can also test drive all cars on single track as much as you want, so there is that too.

I like it better than AC, but selection of tracks is not so huge and there are no mods either, I don't play online so have no idea of that side of things, it is strictly for hotlapping and single player races for me.

BeamNG would be too good with racing AI and Cadwellpark, Donington, pretty Nordschleife as well as few more similar kind of tracks I have grown to like.

Cadwellpark just is bit hard to find from games, AMS and Project Cars have it, haven't found for AC and Raceroom does not have it.
    --- Post updated ---
    These are FFB settings I currently have for Raceroom, it is quite similar to BeamNG or Realfeel plugin without canned effects.
    upload_2019-5-31_20-20-31.png upload_2019-5-31_20-20-55.png
    From car setup page, I then lower FFB multiplier to be such that I can feel difference of all the small forces, usually lowering force multiplier quite a bit. By default FFB felt terrible to my liking.

Also with Raceroom it is good idea run 32bit version as 64bit can cause super weird lagging issues to happen.

Even Dirt Rally can feel quite bit similar to rFactor, AC, BeamNG etc. when effects are reduced to purest form and driving is then somewhat enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice