Cancelled Arnok's Isle

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by arnok19, Jul 7, 2019.

1. arnok19

arnok19
    Expand Collapse

arnok_isle_preview.png
    Arnok's Isle is an heavily Work In Progress island located in the middle of Indian Ocean. After the successful creation and release of my first map Atlanto - "Haunted map". I would like to introduce my next creation in map making which will include long, stretched ocean view roads, towns, bridges, tunnels, rail tracks and etc. Now, a brief i would like to give you. This barren island was brought by me (fictional storyline; don't take it seriously) in order to make it a thriving and successful hot spot for tourism, trading and fun; World of Island Engineering and Tourism (W.I.E.T.) gave this project in my hands. Also, the government is funding for the mega project, there is a hope risen that this ISLE will be open for public sooner.

Take a look at the below screenshots:
    1. This is Olam Bridge. (Weird name I know).
    screenshot_2019-07-07_13-16-16.png
    2. Duck's Paw - When I was hovering above the island in the helicopter; I saw this small "little" island protruding from the water which resembles duck's paw and from there this little island got it's name.
    screenshot_2019-07-01_19-09-58.png
    As the island is heavily under development, you need to wait for awhile for more posts and news. Stay Tuned :)

#1 arnok19, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. jerrie

jerrie
    Expand Collapse

i am excited, and considering how atlanto turned out, i know this will be great. good luck.

• Like Like x 3
  3. The Boss Of Apex Motor Vehicles

Cant wait

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. arnok19

arnok19
    Expand Collapse

Me too:D:p

• Like Like x 1
  5. jerrie

jerrie
    Expand Collapse

you deserve it, good luck on this one :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. arnok19

arnok19
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much Jerrie. Because of all your love and support for the Atlanto map I finally gained confidence and decided to start working on this new map which carries my name. (This post got deleted by mistakenly.)

• Like Like x 2
  7. arnok19

arnok19
    Expand Collapse

For some period, the work on my upcoming map "Arnok's Isle" was stopped. Now, I am back with few updates which will give you a little idea on what i am exactly working on.
    screenshot_2019-07-20_18-58-46.png
    There will be a gravel road sprint/circuit. Eventually, we'll find out. I finally found the gravel texture which resided in the West Coast zip file and all this time I was digging the automation zip file. Great! The dirt road texture is for temporary while and soon will be replaced with the matching one.
    screenshot_2019-07-20_18-59-43.png
    W.I.E.T. construction workers decided to raise the terrain (on left hand side of the pic) by adding more soil and sand and making it rigid enough to continue the work of gravel road which will further go join the island again. Now, we also got a small lagoon which we named Akuma Lagoon.
    Untitled.png
    The thing I hate the most while making roads...ヽ(≧□≦)ノ

8. arnok19

arnok19
    Expand Collapse

Sorry guys for cancelling out the project temporarily. I myself am confused whether what should i do in this new map. I have taken out the cancellation and decided to resume the work on the map. :D

9. jerrie

jerrie
    Expand Collapse

Good to see it is back. As for ideas, maybe a racetrack or town next, or an abandoned dirt track. Anyway, i think this mqp has high potential. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  10. crashitall

crashitall
    Expand Collapse

Good luck my talented friend :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. arnok19

arnok19
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much..;):oops:
    --- Post updated ---
    oh yeah, baby! Thanks for the ideas, jerrie:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. arnok19

arnok19
    Expand Collapse

This is Arnok Isle's Domestic Airport. W.I.E.T. engineers have started their construction yesterday. They had an idea of considering using Mesh Roads as a base but things didn't go well and it was scrapped later. The ground was heightened and flattened so that architects can further built up the buildings. (temporary runway texture).
    screenshot_2019-08-10_13-52-26.png

13. arnok19

arnok19
    Expand Collapse

(yawning)today, we highly appreciate our workers dedication that they took to escalate the construction of the airport. Still lots of things are remaining to be covered up.
    Annotation2019-08-10233332.png

14. jerrie

jerrie
    Expand Collapse

looks nice. keep it up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. arnok19

arnok19
    Expand Collapse

thanks jerrie.

16. arnok19

arnok19
    Expand Collapse

Before and After...the progress till now.
    Annotation2019-08-10233332.png screenshot_2019-08-13_18-37-17.png

• Like Like x 2
  17. arnok19

arnok19
    Expand Collapse

So, like a normal day today. I was playing BeamNG and suddenly noticed that the update has been released. Yes, finally! After waiting number of days. Playing around in the newly updated ECUSA with Bad Bubu for little while. I decided to return to work on my map and...
    screenshot_2019-08-16_20-00-49.png
    The wall textures are GONE and where the hell are the buildings and lightpoles? The wall uses "GridMat" texture which are nowhere to be seen and I am guessing that BeamNG must have cached the objects..Am i right?

18. arnok19

arnok19
    Expand Collapse

What happened yesterday after the update was dreadful though. Still I managed to place the objects in their respective locations and bring it back to the original checkpoint. The work on the map is going really S-L-O-W. I am still gathering the required objects and textures also some bridges and tunnels I am making by myself using MeshRoads so more time will be taken..
    I am going to built a suspension bridge which connects the main island to the AIDA alongside the Vank Hoff Hotel. Take a look at the satellite pic.
    screenshot_2019-08-17_14-11-17.png

19. arnok19

arnok19
    Expand Collapse

The construction on Stein Bridge has been started. A modern architectural piece. It also serves as a fastest route for the Vank Hoff hotel guests to get to the main land as the exit route of the hotel will connect the Stein Bridge. Also it will enable the civilians to reach the Airport within stipulated time.
    screenshot_2019-08-18_17-35-43.png screenshot_2019-08-18_17-36-08.png

• Like Like x 2
  20. Theodore The Class B20

Theodore The Class B20
    Expand Collapse

you should add in some references to atlanto

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice