Arcade racer inspired checkpoint Game mode

Discussion in 'User Interface Apps' started by G-Farce, Jun 30, 2022.

1. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

long title!

What are your plans for the future of this mod? are new things on the horizon?It's Great but I think it'd be even better if it recorded your top 10 highest drift chains for each track so that next time you load up you have an incentive to use this and beat it. Perhaps it would be visible in game at the track selection screen? I like the idea of knowing your previous records on each map. Cool mod though 10/10

Unrelated, but just another cool idea for maybe another rare modder out there with a lot of free time.., if anyone's played some oldschool arcade racers like burnout 1/2 and juiced, Here's a mode (similar to juiced's speed challenge mode): You have a 30 second timed checkpoint system and instead of forcing you to progress through the level in a fixed route, you can free roam, drive wherever you want, but once you get upto speed, say 40mph you cannot dip below that speed for more than a certain number of points or else you won't make the next checkpoint. This way the player has to keep driving above minimum speed to get to the next checkpoint to get high score, but they can game the system by driving wherever they want, which can present new opportunities to map exploration. additionally, perhaps bonus points/time awarded for risky driving. I'd make it unlimited checkpoints, but only 30 second intervals and see how far I can make it in various cars. Would be a good shakedown to see if your car is tuned right.

For reference the "target speed" (or whatever its called) gamemode in Juiced, skip to 55:20 for a perfect orange skyline run then run 2 at 1:09:46 in a camaro, where he dips below speed and game tells him to "drive faster" or else he loses (after I think 3-5 seconds of being under speed you get disqualified) and for different hatchback run(short) 1:20:16

additionally you could have personal best record per track visible in the track selection screen. Incentivizes you to play the game mode better.
    You have to have played this game or burnout 1 to know how much fun quirky challenges like this can be.

#1 G-Farce, Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice