Anything with a soft material cover should be influenced by weight and physics and allow it to move

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by dis0nored, May 23, 2022.

1. dis0nored

dis0nored
    Expand Collapse

Basically any sort of cover for vehicles such as mesh or canvas roofs should be allowed to move around to show the lovely physics influence on the object. Spin Tires, Mud runner or Snow Runner series had a try at giving the material covers for cars physics so they move around but it looks a bit off...Still a good idea tho.

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Good idea but it would be probably laggy, look at the tarp in the 8x8 BigRig mod for example

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

The entire thing is laggy, so I don't think the tarp influences it in any way. On our B1 we have softtop roofs which have physics to them & flap in the wind a little but I have yet to notice a different in fps between having that roof equipped or not :p

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

For me removing the BigRig tarp massively improves the FPS, the complexity of it is comparable to the CH dummy judging by the lag

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice