Anyone play Homebrew Vehicle Sandbox game?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by jetcoasterfan, Oct 3, 2015.

1. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

"A vehicle building sandbox? Homebrew's exactly that, and more, it will challenge your creativity and building skills while giving you the tools and freedom you need to realize your dreams. Our building system allows you, the player to think out of the box and explore the world with custom built vehicles."

http://store.steampowered.com/app/325420/

This is what the game is all about. I love playing the free demo of this game.

"The game is developed with three core values in mind.

DREAM: There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the lack of freedom!
    Homebrew allows you to realize your dreams and let you dream even further!

BUILD: With the right toolkit your imagination is the limit!
    The building system allows the non experienced and experienced players to build without restrictions and bring their ideas to life.

ENJOY: Take all the time you need to roam the vast lands of Homebrew!
    Test the acrobatic skills of your vehicles and push your creations to the limit. Let your friends be a part of your adventure, play online and explore the secrets within the world together.

Key Features:

• Customizable and realistic parts to ensure your freedom while building
    • Land, air and water challenges (courses)
    • Parts include: weapons, wings, helicopter parts, hovercraft parts, ...
    • Building system designed for experienced and less experienced players
    • Pipe-building system that allows you to customize your vehicles even more
    • Compatibility and customization for gamepads/joysticks/keyboards,...
    • Multiplayer that supports vehicle sharing
    • Vast map to explore and test your creations
    • Water and realistic aerodynamic"

I love going over the speed of sound and then jumping out of the car when I am on the moon. I watch it shoot away from me really fast. I also like to fly in the hot air balloon in the main daytime map.

2. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

I bought it but, I never do play it.

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Tried the demo, wasn't really impressed from the physics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Vilespring

Vilespring
    Expand Collapse

I got it, played with it, and now I'm waiting for that big update they're working on.
    The only reason I'm not messing with it too much is 2 reasons: no powered hinges and wheels are so funky in the current version.

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Necro...

Anyway there is no point making new topic as this is so short and there is now V15 update to Homebrew which makes building vehicles lot easier than before, also there is now Multiplayer.

Physics are not really much to write home about though and it still is bit limited, there are no crashing or destruction from crashing as much as I know of.

However building has some clever ideas and it does have LUA

Tuner part of building makes you connect wires, for example steering and throttle, power etc. you can hook up quite creative ways, also displays are connected with wires and it has programmable logic modules etc.

Also Workshop does have some interesting designs to show what is possible.

Currently on sale for 4.49€ which is not bad for a such complex platform.

However it is not much of a racing sim, not at all really, it is more of a platform to build weird contraptions or that is how I see it. Making robots or something like that.

I made this simple electric car, using premade buggy frame structure, you can see buildings on background, that is how far it got until running out of juice in batteries and solar panels do charge, but as in reality, very very slowly:
    upload_2018-6-22_7-59-16.png

I hope they keep improving it as certainly concept is interesting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice