Anyone on here have many pairs of sunglasses or eyeglasses?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by jetcoasterfan, Mar 5, 2015.

1. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

If anyone on here has any extra sunglasses or rx eyeglasses that they do not use anymore, I would love to have them to wear myself. I will also accept prescription sunglasses. I only want strong used prescription eyeglasses to keep and wear.

2. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty doubtful that anyone else would keep unused glasses.

3. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

I would be glad to wear any pairs that are too weak for the original user to use. I defiantly do need strong glasses for my bad eyesight.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Excuse my ignorance but

Isn't wearing glasses different from your needs just going to stress more the eye and eventually increase your problem?

It's like, not a thing to play with. Wearing stronger glasses just for fun sounds extremely dumb to me. Once I tried a pair that was slightly above my needs and got headache just from it.

5. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

I can wear very very strong eyeglasses and not get any headache from wearing them. I wore a -29 diopter myodisc pair for a half of a hour once and never got a headache.

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You should only wear glasses prescribed for you. See an optometrist/optician and actually get a sight test to see what you should be wearing.
    Wrong glasses will do nothing but make your vision worse and can lead to retinal tearing (rare, but happens, something as stupid as wearing the glasses of the strength you wear is going to increase those chances) which in turn can make you blind

You already had a thread on this anyway

7. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

I have some chineese aviators.
    They rock.

8. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

I tracked the package of glasses that are coming in the mail and they should be here very soon. Like in a day or so.

9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

You will probably find that there are lots of different pairs of glasses at a place known as an opticians. They will probably have machine that allows you to try out many lenses one after another without moving.

10. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

I hope to wear one of the 6 myodisc pairs when I am being with Dr. Obershnider next Tuesday. I am deciding if I want to play arcade games at the zone with the -38 diopter myodisc glasses on. This other young girl Crissie who I have gone out and about last year with, loves seeing my new myodisc glasses. She is amazed at the strength of the glasses.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice