1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Anyone else feel brakes fade too easily?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Plymouth Superbird 1970, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Drive regularly and by the rules and it's fine, but I find my brakes overheat waaayy too quickly sometimes, even with premium pads. This usually happens when I'm doing practice pursuits with the police package Grand Marshal, I average about 50-60 mph and on west coast USA.
    Anyone else agree or could it just be that since you don't have that sense of speed in games that you do in real that's causing me to feel that the brakes are inadequate?

2. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

especially on keyboard where one key is 100% input. the squealing doesnt always mean brake overheating but it usually indicated its coming soom

• Like Like x 1
  3. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

i have the simple damage menu open at all times, you know with the bumpers that flicker and stuff. brakes start flickering and turning orange.

4. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

You would be surprised by how fast they fade irl. 2-3 laps around a race track would cause them to fade. Also, as the gm is so big, those brakes have to take a lot of pressure.

5. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

We often forget how much intensity is lost in simulation while in real life we feel the forces as a consequence of our actions.
    In real life breaking and even accelerating would take place far more nuanced than just waiting for mechanical issues to arise on a computer screen. Not only the computer needs to take care of simulation, the mind has to do also (imo) :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

That's damn right - just as I said in the OP, could just be because we don't feel the forces.
    I guess you'd really feel hard braking from 70 down to 10 mph every 2 corners :p

7. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Hm yeah, ever been kicked around in the passenger seat as a kid while a person drove fast ? :)

8. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Hahaaa yes. My Dad was a speed demon back in the day. I remember clearly rolling around

9. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Have you ever overheated the brakes on a car IRL? I have multiple times on different cars, I think the brake fad in the game is accurate. I have, however, NEVER overheated an engine by running it hard.
    A lot of the cars, especially older ones, overheat their coolant wayyy too easily. Grand Marshall police pack can barely do like 2 laps around hirochi raceway without overheating and blowing the engine. I think this is a really annoying facet of the game, completely takes away from the simulation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

Stock brakes generally seem to fade pretty easily on irl cars. I remember taking my Jolf on stock brakes on a road at the legal speed limit of 40 mph and they were pretty damn close to fading halfway through.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

ah yeah i have. when i was like 7 or 8 my friend's dad had a junker (kinda dirty and beat up, missing paint) es1 civic sedan with a 5 speed. the dad had taken the minivan so his mom took me home in the civic and she shifted that thing like a racecar

OT:
    thats interesting

12. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Same with the Burnside Special. Floor it up to not even 100, and your engine will boil because they've kinda over exaggerated how hot those things get.
    The autobell pickle has been done perfectly. Driving it a little hard, it doesn't give a crap. Racing it and redlining it heats it up too much though, which is perfect.

Edit: Since I posted this comment, I have just been blasting around the roads on Italy up the mountains. It only got hot going up steep roads but was otherwise fine. I think the pickle is the best car in the game now.

#12 Plymouth Superbird 1970, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice