Anybody here from Rigs of Rods?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by mikeduke324, Dec 29, 2018.

1. mikeduke324

mikeduke324
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I just made an account on here after downloading BeamNG.drive. I came from playing RoR for like, two years now, and I was wondering if any of you play/played it too?

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I guess most that did play RoR have moved to BeamNG.Drive by now, so quite many I guess.

Developers that founded BeamNG.Drive were originally RoR modders, or at least most of them were.

3. mikeduke324

mikeduke324
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I’ve heard that on a few forum posts on the ROR forums.

4. RORCAT

RORCAT
    Expand Collapse

I've moved over to beamNG, I rarely look at the RoR forums any more. When I first joined RoR, it was the best thing since sliced bread to me... The community had quite a few forum changes.
    I made a lot of mods for RoR... Mostly from sketchup...

Example.
    8900-mini.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. TommyAssassin

TommyAssassin
    Expand Collapse

I've been playing some RoR back in 2012.

6. Christine Walters

Christine Walters
    Expand Collapse

I had never played this game before. Is this the similar one like Need for speed or quite different I find it as a racing video game.

7. mikeduke324

mikeduke324
    Expand Collapse

It's like downgraded BeamNG.drive. Its not racing it's a physics simulator.

8. jaswut

jaswut
    Expand Collapse

Yes im from rigs of rods

9. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I used to play RoR, but I no longer have the game now.

10. ferrettank

ferrettank
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I came from RoR, I made the fj40 3d model and the Unimog u5000 :D!

• Like Like x 10
  11. bwc1976

bwc1976
    Expand Collapse

I tried it once several years ago when I didn't have as good of a computer as I do now, and now I'm trying it again because there are some interesting vehicles that will probably never get ported to BeamNG from the sound of it, such as the 80's Honda Accord hatchback and various Gavrils and Burnsides that help flesh out the history of those companies. Does anyone have any hints as to controller setup so I don't have to drive with the keyboard?

12. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

Yes but technically no.
    I bought BeamNG roughly in the same period when I discovered RoR. I've never played it that much because of its weird physics (at least for the version I used, 0.38 if I recall correctly), the difficult mod download process (I remember that I couldn't find any download link even if the mod was said to be updated for my game version) and due to the fact my laptop couldn't handle some good maps (but it can handle BeamNG, idk why). I remember I had downloaded as mods a pack of school buses (quite a popular mod), a MAN bus, basically all the old Gabester's vehicles (my favourite was the sedan, I can't remember the right name now), the Mercedes CLK, an old Mini Cooper, a Volvo FM and a Subaru BRZ. I had some maps too, but the one I had most fun with was Nadeox's snowy descent (I don't remember the name, but it's available for BeamNG too) with black ice :)
    Probably the best thing of RoR was the multiplayer that was far from perfect (you could drive into Others and most of the time the servers were empty), but hey… It was always a multiplayer!

13. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

I wonder.... which mods did you use in RoR and would you like to see any here?
    I still have a wish of some of gabes cars to come to Beam but we all know that will never happen for some inexplicable reason

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice