Solved Any fix for the terrain sculpting lag?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by CrashHard, Jul 2, 2016.

1. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Have been working on a terrain for weeks now, and suddenly to day it starts lagging a LOT when I try to sculpt/ form a mountain/cliff (And it worked just fine yesterday, no lag) I can`t get anything done now. any workaround ? and have moved the terrainblock to 0.0.0. Did it before I started on it.

2. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Hi :) please can you send me in pm your file ?

3. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Yes, done, thank you for any help :)

Think I have fixed it, by deleting the cache from the documents/beamng folder. :D

#3 CrashHard, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  4. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Ok , the good news is your that problem is not hard to solve , the editor (and the game) start to be that laggy because of the amont of errors dropped on console.(you need to check the console to get rid of them)

3ce2ad92b4a46136733f5a423efbd3dc.jpg

those errors (missing textures) are just some folder path you have to change on the releated materials , on the screenshoot i've already changed some and the editor work again , i can send you the modified files on PM .

I would also recommend you to use more "billboards" trees to make the forest less heavy on Fps.

Good luck to continue your map it's already a nice start :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Thank you guys, I guess it is all the trees that I forgot to change the folder path to all the textures. And how do I use the "billboard" trees? and again thanks for the quick help :)

6. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

It's just a mesh behind the actual trees to simulate more of them.

So you place a mesh behind your trees and give it a texture/material of trees with transparency.

7. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

I meant something like this. Creating a plane and using transparency. Not the most beautiful solution but wil improve the perfonance.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

thank you for the useful tips :) But I think My map is to small to get away with that billboard stuff, I am to close to the edges of my map. But I get 65 - 49 fps at the moment, so I do not mind the nice trees ;)
    But I guess i can look over the map when I`m closer to release and delete the trees I do not need :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice