1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Any cars that suit a V12?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by on3cherryshake, Nov 15, 2016.

1. TR1PP1N

TR1PP1N
    Expand Collapse

2. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

Old Cannon!:p

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Poopoh12

Poopoh12
    Expand Collapse

Any of the ETK cars would work as they are similar to BMW, Mercedes Benz, and Audi. The Hirochi SBR4 might be a candidate (I personally think that would be awesome with turbo or supercharger options)

4. TR1PP1N

TR1PP1N
    Expand Collapse

ETK I-Series V-12 by ItaliAsian: http://www.beamng.com/resources/etk800-and-k-series-v12.866/
    Available in both Coupe and Sedan body styles, I highly recommend you install and select the "6000ix" in your garage. Ignore the description/statistics (or multiply them by 2, if you like ;)

Start up the 6000 to hear all of it's growling 410 horses and 6 litres of snarling intimidation. Tap on the throttle for a split second, and you will find the power delivery is extremely rapid and smooth through all 6 gears, toward a blistering top speed of 178 M.P.H.

The 6000ix boasts 460 ft-lbs. of torque, and the classic I-Series frame takes full advantage of it. Instead of being overloaded or burdened by it's massive engine, both drivetrain packages are excellent platforms that are able to deliver the power efficiently to the road surface through a great transmission and AWD system. It also corners superbly as any other version of the I-Series.

The softer suspension and precise, yet silky smooth handling of the I-Series is well suited to high speed driving - Some may find it is more forgiving than the K-series in certain circumstances, allowing you to soak up bumps and steer more aggressively without throwing the car off balance.

Differences between the Coupe and Sedan body styles mostly boil down to handling. The Sedan is a bit heavier, especially in the rear, and has a longer wheelbase - Leading the 4-Door Sedan version to feel a bit slower, but more stable and accommodating at high speed.

I was able to handle the Sedan all the way up to it's top speed on a variety of roads, and sliding sideways at over 100 MPH with a comfortable, confident driving style... As opposed to the Coupe, which feels a lot more racy off the line, wanting to be driven more carefully, sometimes breaking unexpectedly into oversteer, and requiring you to have a more twitchy driving style and quicker reactions to go fast. It really boils down to personal preference, but both offer serious performance in a really classic package.

In terms of smaller details, the engine itself is modeled beautifully, and you may find yourself removing your hood in the garage so you can admire the craftsmanship as you drive around town!

If anything, my only complaint is that there is no pure RWD version. The AWD system delivers the power to pavement superbly, and the car is probably the BEST at pulling off smoking 4-wheel drifts as the game has seen so far - However, with an engine like this, hooligan drivers want to show off how much tire and asphalt can be destroyed with this vehicle in a pure RWD form, which might be an even greater pleasure to drive.

Overall, probably the best engine mod that's been dropped into a stock 'NG Drive vehicle line. I cannot thank ItaliAsian enough for this awesome ride. I just wish it had more stock versions ; ]

K-Series and 800-Series V12 by ItaliAsian: http://www.beamng.com/resources/etk800-and-k-series-v12.866/

K-Series Coupe:

This V12 engine is insane. There is enough torque to overload the AWD system and cause wheelspin at almost any speed!

The K-Series has always felt a little under-powered and too wide in the fenders for it's engine, this mod upgrades that wanna-be GT coupe into an ultimate super-tourer. This car is completely transformed in terms of performance and handling, compared to it's 6-cylender models.

The AWD system and traction control just barely manage to maintain grip as you step on the throttle over crests and corners. The V12 feels meaty and venomous in this car, and the transmission and gearing will take it quickly and very easily to it's 191 MPH top speed, guaranteed. If you change the final drive ratio, I don't doubt the car could reach well over 200 in the right conditions.

Sliding the K12 through corners takes some getting used to, but once you do, it's a joy, and you are comfortable putting your foot on the gas even more. The heavy front-mid mounted engine makes for some interesting handling characteristics, but it's all Gucci. The K-Series' wide frame is able to handle the massive plant with relative ease, although the suspension will at times feel especially stiff and sometimes bouncy over bumps.

As long as you treat the throttle nicely, this car is a pleasurable cruise around town, as well as a formidably fast threat on a race course against almost any other car. The ultimate touring coupe, as far as I have seen.

Suggested improvements: Exhaust system model seems to be missing? Recreate badges to say "K-12" instead of "KC6." Option to turn traction control off or RWD version. Suspension tuning to make road handling smoother.

800 Series Wagon:

The massive 12 sits nicely in the 800's larger, heavier wagon frame. This car is very interesting. As one would expect, it's the best at carrying the massive engine over bumps and over dirt.

The 800 is not a true 4x4, so don't expect it to go up mountains just because of the increased power. The AWD/traction-control system will refuse to deliver the V12's torque and power potential on extreme inclines and slippery surfaces, even in 1st gear with a manual transmission.

Instead, the 800 performs best on paved roads right up to 189 MPH, and is capable of moderate to high speeds over dirt roads and light off-road conditions. It can achieve very high speed, and maintain stability and control in a variety of conditions, able to compete with some faster rally cars and light trucks.

Attached Files:

• screenshots0.jpg
    • screenshots1.jpg
    • screenshots2.jpg
    • screenshots3.jpg
    • screenshots4.jpg
    • screenshots5.jpg
    • screenshots6.jpg
    • screenshots7.jpg
    • screenshots8.jpg
    • screenshots11.jpg
    • screenshots12.jpg
    • screenshots13.jpg
    • screenshots14.jpg
    • screenshots15.jpg
    • screenshots16.jpg
    #24 TR1PP1N, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  5. Poopoh12

Poopoh12
    Expand Collapse

I believe I have the ETK K and 800 Series already downloaded, they have V12s from some mods I know that ;) lol. Hopefully more people make some V10, V12, or V16s for Beam. You can never have too many cylinders :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JCX034

JCX034
    Expand Collapse

How about a V14 engine? This engine have same odd firing system like the V10 engine but is rare to find any car with this engine especially a modern day car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. speednsnake

speednsnake
    Expand Collapse

Well, ford made a flathead v12 back in the day under lincoln, so the burnside wouldn't be a bad candidate. It didn't really have much go, but the sounds it made were wicked.

Not that we have the means to simulate a v12 sound or anything atm, but it would definitely be a cool funky mod. It would kinda go against the whole idea of Burnside being advanced for it's time, but it wasn't uncommon for brands to offer their flagship model with cool new experimental motor alongside models with older tried and true motor designs.

8. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

I dunno, if you want to be a lunatic and a real murican you could pop one into a Moonhawk.

9. Poopoh12

Poopoh12
    Expand Collapse

I
    I've actually never heard of a V14, guess it is rare lol. I'm sure it'd sound pretty sweet with a rough race cam though haha.

10. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

If anything, we need a mid-engined SBR4. Sick and tired of the understeer. Negative camber doesn't do anything. Call it the MF4. Mid engine flat four. boom

Fit a V12 in that bad boy and we have ourselves a deal. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. PretzelStikz

PretzelStikz
    Expand Collapse

1967 ford shelby mustang gt 500

12. TR1PP1N

TR1PP1N
    Expand Collapse

I second this, adding the suggestion of doing a slight aero/body redesign to make it look more like an Audi R8, and perhaps make the wheelbase larger, or something like that...

Mid-engine doesn't necessarily kill under steer, though. It can make it worse, in fact.

Also, as a side note, it seems most engine mods suffer from stock suspension tuning... a lot of authors drop a heavy-set engine in and forget about making the suspension accommodate the extra weight, leading to sloppy handling and bottoming-out. You will deffo have to consider this if you drop a V12 into the tiny SBR4 and change the weight distribution over the rear wheels.

#32 TR1PP1N, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  13. JCX034

JCX034
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that exist but mostly use in the marine vehicle.
    Here is the link you don't know about it:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V14_engine

• Like Like x 1
  14. Poopoh12

Poopoh12
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I'll do some research haha.
    --- Post updated ---
    I agree, but I think maybe we could style it towards the old M72 from Rigs of Rods, that was mid engine RWD, not sure about the engine though.

15. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

A V12 Bolide would actually need a reworked frame, body, rear louvers, rear suspension, wheels, fenders, brakes, gearbox and diff to handle the size and power of such an engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice