1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Announcement of Mod Support Meeting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by meywue, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Dear community,

something new at BeamNG, a new "Modding Support Team" is now here to help you in the creational process of mods.

Our team : @AR162B , @meywue and @synsol will endeavour to improve the possibilities of modding and documentation, therefore we happily announce our first Mod Support Meeting.

This event will be conducive to help you directly creating your mods. During this event you'll be able to have a direct Q/A with the support guys about specific problems you might encounter in the course of your content creation. You can simply ask question about mod creation in general or send us your files for a more in-depth support.

Please drop your suggestions, expectations and wishes in this thread to give us the opportunity to prepare this event as good as possible for you. :)

The first Mod Support Meeting will be on April 16, 2016 at 11 pm CEST.

We'll open a separate thread for this meeting where you can drop your questions.

Kind regards!

PS: Please be aware that we'll delete off-topic content in here. ;)

#1 meywue, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 41
  2. Djplopper

Djplopper
    Expand Collapse

It seems like an excellent idea, i wish we could talk about skinning creation, tweaks and tips because i am new to this world, Thank You

3. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

I would like improvements on torque error reporting jbeam files.

This because if you have 600 lines of jbeam and make one mistake such as missing comma or a dot somewhere in your file. Then torque spams a lua error that is totally useless. Then you will have to look on trough 600 lines of text and check them all. For this I would like if torque could instead spam the location of your errors instead of something about the ((electrics being nil)).

EDIT: thanks @Nadeox1 for the tip.

#3 burilkovdeni, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  4. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

What I'd like to see would be some more information about modelling and what is good for BeamNG on the wiki. Things about polyflow, the amount of polygons which are good for a vehicle etc etc.

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

A tip for that is to pause the physics and check the first line before the 'spam' part. That's the error usually.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Birkenspanner

Birkenspanner
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to know how to deal with some weird errors during the process of creation. One I encountered a problem with importing textures to my map, I did everything the exact way it is supposed to be done, but still, I just got the same error over and over again....So I quit for a while because of frustration and now I kinda feel motivated again.....so yeah.
    I'd really like to use this opportunity to discuss such problems.

7. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

I'm having some issues updating my mod to the latest BeamNG.drive standards. Like with the windows, if they break, they make a noise. And that stuff with the radiators and so on.

8. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

I have lots of questions about the map editor, so an event like this would be great.
    EDIT: 300th post...

#8 FS16, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  9. DapperDan

DapperDan
    Expand Collapse

i have many questions about modelling and uv editing

10. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Well, I really need lots of advice with my park map project. From textures to other many details...I'm sure the answers could be really helpful for more people, maybe a in-depth tutorial could be done out of it, it would be great!

11. Darthbob555

Darthbob555
    Expand Collapse

This event sounds a great way to get answers; for example, I'm having problems with custom roads causing major lag when the car skids on them. I also have major skidmark elongation events when using custom roads as well, especially in Grid Small Pure. Thus, I am supportive of this idea and endeavor to see where it goes in the long run.

#11 Darthbob555, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  12. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

Torque3D material editor support, in-depth tutorial.

• Like Like x 1
  13. D-Troxx

D-Troxx
    Expand Collapse

i would really like to know how to setup the lighting in blender for AO baking, when baking the textures for a car and espacially for a wheel.

14. WeatherKidNH

WeatherKidNH
    Expand Collapse

How to make skins

15. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

At the end of this event we want to make and updated FAQ about content creation , nice to see you already have lot a questions :)

• Like Like x 5
  16. darrenthebestman

darrenthebestman
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

I would like the ability to turn features on and off for certain scenarios during creation via a checkbox or Lua. For repairing vehicles or node dragging, instead of no scenario having those have an option for the creator to turn them on or off. or better, when a user selects the scenario a popup asking if you want them on or off.

18. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Something like this is amazing!

Suggestions: UV Mapping, Describing the physics skeletons of the vehicles, tips and tricks within the world editor.

• Like Like x 1
  19. S0S_Bro_2

S0S_Bro_2
    Expand Collapse

Hey, I love this :). I'm speechless with the effort you people put into this game. 11/10 would thank again -IGN.

Anyways, so the question I have is, how do I access files like these featured in this page ==> http://wiki.beamng.com/How_To_Edit_Vehicle_Files ? Because when I do look for them, I can't find them, probably because everything I found about this was pre-steam release days. So how can I find those files in a Steam-purchased Beamng.Drive? Other than that I don't need any more help with coding, because I don't really want to do J beams and all of that visual stuff. Just coding. Because thanks to a Tech class I took last year I was able to edit the HP numbers in other games like Assetto Corsa, so I was confused when I didn't find anything related to what I was looking for in my files.

And sorry in advance if what I wrote here broke any rules at all (like eg: off-topic writing, etc.)

20. Deleted member 108842

Deleted member 108842
    Expand Collapse

Thank you SO much for doing this!!!
    My questions are:
    -What is the list of all file types (names) that you need in order to make a car mod?
    -Of those files, which ones are you supposed to make first and last, or does it matter?
    -Do I need to do any kind of copyright stuff if I make a real car or movie/TV car, public or private?
    -How long does the average car mod take to create for BeamNG.Drive, for someone who has no background in game modding?
    -What do all the letters/numbers in each vehicle's file mean?
    -Lastly, does this mean that the Wiki page on content creation will finally be updated?

Thanks again,
    -HB1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice