An app that shows the statistics of a pursuit (and a traffic framework update)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by carnox7, Apr 11, 2020.

1. carnox7

carnox7
    Expand Collapse

An app that shows the statistics of a police pursuit can be very helpful for people that like to get into police chases (like me).

Currently, there is no app that can show the stats of a pursuit. Attempting to make an app that does this is impossible since the values (for pursuits) are stuck on traffic.lua, without a stream that allows the table-ing of these values. The only way I got this working (via messages) was to send out messages for each of the stats I wanted to start by modifying the traffic.lua file, like what's below

This works, but it'll be overwritten when there is an update, plus the message box gets cluttered very quickly.

An app will be much more cleaner, easier to maintain, and won't be removed via updates. But before we can have that app, we need updates to the framework that allows the stats for a pursuit (and traffic) to be available as a stream.

Once we got the framework updated, the app could show many things, such as:
    • Time until busted/evade (can be as a bar, like in Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005, or show the time left until you evade)
    • Heat Level (also called Pursuit Mode)
    • Bounty (also known as Pursuit Score)
    • Cops chasing you
    • Police units left (police don't have an unlimited amount of units. Once the amount of units gets to a low amount, backup is called. If there are no more units left, no cops will spawn)
    • Cops tagged/destroyed
    • Pursuit Time
    • The vehicle you just destroyed
    • Infractions (also called offenses)
    • And more
    But this can just be a app that shows the time before you evading/getting busted and your score

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice