1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

An annoying thing I've noticed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Again_Dejavu, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

I like to load cargo and haul it around, but this game makes it difficult. The most major issue I have is that it's effectively impossible to be precise when placing cars in the editor. Firstly, respawning a car while paused places it differently then respawning while physics is active. Pausing causes the car to lift approximately one foot into the air when you respawn it. This makes it almost impossible to load vehicles in the editor, what you see is not where the vehicle will respawn. A similar issue happens when you rotate a vehicle, the car will move a foot in a random direction from where you placed it once you unpause physics. Am I the only one who's had issues with this stuff?

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The car resets on the location of the reference node. In all car this reference point is a bit higher then Z = 0 to deal with the ride height. So each time you CTRL R it goes up by those few centimeters. If you roll your car or whatever, the reference node would be offset, hence moving the car in its direction when resetting again.

A good way to predict that is to spawn the car and done tap J to give it the time to position the car correctly and then move it where you want.

3. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

I guess part of the problem is that the spawn is inconsistent even without moving it. Pressing R with a brand new car will put you in two different places depending on whether the game is paused or not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice