American Road (and other maps) crash series

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by geobeck, Jan 4, 2021.

1. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

@primo3001's American road has many great roads, tracks, and crawler courses, but it also has the best crash cliff on any map I've seen. I've recorded a few videos of cliff crashes which I'll upload here.

First, I drove my Pink Rocker custom Hopper off the cliff, making it all the way to the mountain lake a thousand feet below.

• Like Like x 1
  2. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

Second video in the series. This time I drove the Demon variant of the 200BX. I didn't think it was going to make it off the cliff, but it ended up being a pretty good crash. There's a lightly forested area near the lake that makes a decent final resting place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

Back with another video. This time I take the ETK856 "Driving Experience" straight off the cliff.

What's the height of this car? By the time it hits the lake, it's about two inches.

• Like Like x 1
  4. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

I picked a mod of the Barstow for today's cliff crash: @CrashHard's off-road variation. This muscle mod handles great on uneven ground, and it crashes even better! It only made it about halfway down, but it was toast by the time it came to rest.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Hehe come on pick the version with a full rollcage at least, give it a figting chance :)

6. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

Ask and you shall receive.

But it didn't stand a chance. This was one of the most completely destroyed cars in the series! The body made it to the lake before the rest of the car. I stopped recording just before a fender and a bumper caught up with it on the lake bed. I have no idea where the front frame and engine ended up. Or, for that matter, the wheels, roof rack, doors...

• Like Like x 2
  7. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

At least the body and roof was not completely crumpled in, all the other parts are built to come loose :) thank for the video.

• Like Like x 1
  8. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

I found a mod by @MC-H this morning that took me right down memory lane. When I was a kid, my next-door neighbor had a blue Dodge Coronet 440. I can't tell if the color model is exactly the same as Mr. Green's car, because game lighting is never the same as real life, and because I'm remembering 45 years in the past, but looking at the front end of this vehicle takes me right back. Instead of selecting from the default video thumbnails, I snapped a screenshot at approximately the height perspective I remember.

Of course, we didn't have a thousand-foot cliff right down the street, but that's exactly where this car went in the video. This is a pretty tough model. Everything is deformed, but the body held together.

Edit: Giving credit to @Stoat Muldoon as the original creator of the mod. This was great work!

#8 geobeck, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

I'm back with another custom mod crash. I picked @thatguy47 's CJD Special Gavril Bluebuck for this video.

At first, I though this take was going to be a bust. It's not an off-road vehicle, so it skidded around before facing its tail to the cliff, but I backed it down, and it just kept going... and going... and going...

• Like Like x 1
  10. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

Who thought a compact car would make a good cliff jumper? The gravel rally version of the Ibishu Covet made a great run, reaching the lake.

• Like Like x 1
  11. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

Here we go again. I picked the electric Tograc version of the Cherrier FCV. It had to be the Tograc because of the uneven ground, and I figured the electric (in addition to great acceleration) might generate some sparks.

No luck on the sparks (I guess the Beam Team wasn't primarily focused on crash fireworks), but it took off like a shot. In fact, I thought the crash might not be so great because it missed several ledges on the way down. But it got to the second-last ledge and SPLAT!

• Like Like x 1
  12. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

I drove the V6 Bruckell LeGran off the cliff this time. Not one of my more spectacluar videos, but it features an exploding gas tank, and a floating flaming tire that can be seen from the car's final resting place on the lake bottom.

13. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

The Ibishu Pessima 1.8 is a cheap, crappy little sedan that might be owned by a fast food ddelivery driver. So it was only fitting that I picked the Turbo Burger skin to put this little sh*tbox out of its misery.
    It's such a little piece of puppy excrement that it barely made it to the edge of the cliff. But I got the aim just right, and it missed the trap on the second ledge, twisting and folding until it delivered its order to the bottom of the lake, only slightly less desirable a vehicle than when it started its plunge.

14. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

Tonight's video is the Autobello Piccolina. The base 1100cc model drove surprisingly well off the cliff and made an impressively acrobatic plunge, coming to rest in a dark nook just above the lake.

15. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

Which vehicle would you expect to have the easiest time driving over rough ground, dodging rocks until it drives over the cliff?

If you said the Ibishu Pigeon... I don't believe you, but you'd be right!

This plunge ends with the complete disincorporation of both body sections from the frame.

16. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

These videos are starting to look pretty much the same, so I'm sneaking another map into this series. This video was rocorded on @Spencer Johnson's Slant of Death, featuring three of the terrain slopes. If you haven't tried that map yet, I highly recommend it.

17. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

I downloaded a few maps last night after feeling bored with the ones I have already. Yes, even the Barstow map that prompted this thread. I re-downloaded The Other Utah by @essej818. It's not my favorite Utah map, but it's got some fun elements, including the convenient ramp to zoom off when you feel like quitting.

18. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

Since this thread is all about crashing, I had to record a few clips on the CrashHard map by @CrashHard. Six vehicles, eight crashes.

Of course, I had to include the CrashHard classic in addition to a couple of stock vehicles and two of my own configs.

• Like Like x 1
  19. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

I liked @HighDef's Burns County map so much, I had to do a crash video starring my latest pickup config, a V-10 AWD drag monster I call the G-force.

My truck flies about as far off the ramp as you can expect before making a perfect three-point landing.

By perfect, of course, I mean there's barely a single part left intact.

• Like Like x 1
  20. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Not sure why nobody is replying to this thread, these videos are extremely good!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice