AMD U series (15wCPU) perfomance vs Intel on BMNG?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Michaelflat, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Hi, before this thread gets shot down with the normal comments about how running BeamNG on a 15w CPU is a bad idea, I would just like to know if it is playable with 1 or 2 cars and very low gpu settings, if required :p. say 720p60 on gridmap, 720p30 on detailed maps.

How does this compare with other Intel U series CPUs that also run at 15w.

2. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

J know this is a bump but nobody has answered your question and my answer is it depends on the specific cpu but lets if it’s a higher end maybe 6 core cpu then it should be fine, from what I’ve seen the mobile processors with low TDPs often don’t perform all that bad compared to desktop counter parts, main difference is just core lock but that’s expected as it’s hard to cool a laptop. All you should need is enough cores and threads and any 3rd or 4th gen AMD mobile processor with 4 or more cores should generally be fine. Hope this helped!

3. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

So i bought a 4700U laptop, runs BeamNG quite well however need to drop the resolution to 1600x900 to maintain above 40fps graphically with medium settings. CPU is no trouble at all.. I would like a 3D resolution scaler however, so i can run the UI at 1920x1080 with the actual game running lower, to increase FPS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice