1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Ambient Sound - Cannot modify volume or range! Driving me nuts

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by krallopian, Jan 17, 2019.

1. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

The first time I was in the editor, I was able to turn on and off, "UseTrackDescription" and then it would only work SOME times, and now it seems to NEVER work. Is this broken, or is it supposed to be like this?

Trying to add sound to my level and all of the sound effects - albeit great - are useless, because the range on a specific sound needs to be 100 meters but default is like 800 and that's useless. I cannot change anything other than turning on or off "play on add."

What am I doing wrong? =D

Also: Can I just add my OWN sounds, if so, where would I store them to pick them up in the editor?

2. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

You can add your own sounds.
    My Dust Bowl map has some custom sounds, but I can't remember what the filetype was. I know you have to manually type in the filepath in the editor once you have your sounds in the level's folder.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

Been talking with a couple devs via "conversation" things on the forum, but with different time zones and them being . . busy and all, I still haven't figured out how to do this. I assume it'd want a .ogg file format but that .wav/mp3 probably still work anyway. That's not the issue - I just needed to know that it can be done, and seeing that you've done it by just putting it in the level's folder... it works.

I don't know why I hadn't tried that, but I just quickly grabbed a .wav and tossed it in my level's root dir, set it's file path, and presto. Working.

I can't believe I was so . . I dunno the word, but STUPID comes to mind! Hahah

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice