Always on Replays

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by crazikyle, Apr 30, 2020.

1. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I love the replay feature, but the biggest drawback IMO is the fact that you have to make a conscious decision to make a replay. If something cool happens during normal gameplay, you have no way of saving it in game. I'd like to see the replay system expanded so that it operates like Nvidia shadow play, always on and you can save the last X seconds of gameplay with the push of a button. It would be even better than shadow play since you could change angles and relive the experience. It would likely be resource intensive, so that should be communicated and it should be opt in.

Probably unfeasible, but it's worth putting out there.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Crazy Killer

Crazy Killer
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Ah yes, just like GTA SA, where you can re-watch (or replay) something just happened. I need this too.

3. Wheel Nut

Wheel Nut
    Expand Collapse

Hmm yes it would be interested in knowing whether this is possible, it's a great idea. I'll sometimes be recording constantly when I am hoping to get good footage for a video.

#3 Wheel Nut, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
  4. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

Possible... most likely. It should however be noted that due to the amount of physics involved the replay files are comparable large. Driving a while leads to not insignificant file sizes.

Always on replays could use up a lot of disk space as a result, especially on the popular small SDD system drive large HDD data drive configuration.

Replays also costs some performance which can be problematic.

5. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

You don't need to always be saving the videos. All that's being stored is the last 30 seconds or so, and it's only saved to disk if you press the button to record it. Otherwise it's just looping and constantly overwriting itself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice