1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Almost Multiplayer!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gmaksi83, Dec 20, 2015.

1. gmaksi83

gmaksi83
    Expand Collapse

I made just for fun...
    1. Scenario modification
    2. TeamViewer

Blue Car. me with Logitech G27
    Green Car. brother from other country with Keyboard
    I think nothing more.
    Sorry for this bad video... the encoder not the best....
    This happens if no one here, and want to play with someone from an another country.
    Nothing big thing, but fun

• Like Like x 5
  2. 22RLUX

22RLUX
    Expand Collapse

Did your brother get massive lag when the camera was being moved? When i tested this with the chrome app, it was perfect unless the camera moved.

3. gmaksi83

gmaksi83
    Expand Collapse

the same, massive lag:(

4. BIG problem

BIG problem
    Expand Collapse

i wish it had servers witch we can join...

5. Francuhh

Francuhh
    Expand Collapse

Wow thanks for giving us a peep of how fun it would be if this game had multiplayer! I'm pretty sure they'll have it in the future since you guys are already making it happen haha :)

6. Bisofication

Bisofication
    Expand Collapse

Wow cool idea ! I'd watch someone play with someone else for hours lol.
    Also, you suck at driving :p

7. MFFendtV

MFFendtV
    Expand Collapse

i think it looks awesome but i dont know why you call it "almost Multiplayer" becaus in my opinion, that's Multiplayer, you play with someone else in the same game

8. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

Yes finally someone did it :D... I tried ages ago but failed on the programming bit :p . Now we only need someone like you who tells us how you did that :D

9. Dagalufh

Dagalufh
    Expand Collapse

I've tried with Nvidia GameShare with a friend. Did some of the multiplayer scenarios that are available. Worked great :)

10. Max1007

Max1007
    Expand Collapse

Wait the other guys gets the same view?

11. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, there's no splitscreen or actual multiplayer functionality. It's just sharing the multiseat mode with TeamViewer on one instance of the game. Hence, "almost" multiplayer

12. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

All we need is a tutorial now...

• Like Like x 1
  13. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  14. GatheringAgate

GatheringAgate
    Expand Collapse

If there was multiplayer in BeamNG DRIVE my pc melt due to that there is so many cars driving around. And yes my computer plays Fallout 4 perfectly but BeamNG lags my computer when I spawn six cars.

15. Car_Genius

Car_Genius
    Expand Collapse

I like the idea but EVERYONE would CONSTANTLY be destroying your car!

16. PseudoResonance

PseudoResonance
    Expand Collapse

Not necessarily. Perhaps... The server might lag if a server is used as that's handling all the computations, however your computer just displays what the server tells it? Maybe lots of latency, but not so much lag I'd think.

This is probably a major problem with implementing multiplayer in this game..

17. Lukey_Reborn78 2

Lukey_Reborn78 2
    Expand Collapse

Well you can use the nvidia shared app which is way better than anything else, you could of watched by tutorial but for some reason it got taken down.

18. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

Maybe yes, in a public server, however racing in beam could be really good if they can add wear, and other heat effects for tires brakes, aerodynamics, etc that other racing games simulate. I say this for one reason: if someone rams you, chances are they are out of the race too; its interesting how people drive differently when they know one mistake means end of the race for them. Racers would have to use some tactics, not just hot-lap every lap. Even so for now we will probably be limited to only a few cars per race with the current load of the physics system, although maybe the devs can find a way to make servers use all computers connected to some extent, or only host the physics for your vehicle on your computer alone, that or hijacking NASA computers for servers... Although the low car count would be fine for street races or touge. A multiplayer connected campaign that allows you to continually own vehicles and use them in events with other players would be neat as well.

Its nice to know MP is to at some extent possible.

#18 derpfleet55, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  19. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Me and my friend tried to do that but we always got the same error and could never fix it...

20. ryder2341

ryder2341
    Expand Collapse

WIth this, the cinematic possibilities are seemingly endless, and that's just incredible.

Consider this... you're making a video, right? You want to give it that "cinematic touch" to really make it stand out. What do you do?

Well, how about something like this:

Let me elaborate... what you do is you modify a car with a custom camera node sticking out somewhere a normal film camera would be, but what I've done is attach hydros to certain cars to actually move the camera in a way you couldn't normally do in the game, and then choreograph a shot without having to control the main car.

To casual players, this won't be highly interesting in any way, but for people that actually make videos showing off the game this might come in handy if you want to do something other than the traditional "crash compilation"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice