1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

AI not so intelligent

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by N o W a r, Jun 6, 2024.

1. N o W a r

N o W a r
    Expand Collapse

My BeamNG AI is broken. AI has been good and bad at times thru out development. At the current state they are not as good as it once has been. It has been a few major updates now, and I hoped it would be corrected by now.

One of my favorite things to do in BeamNG is to load up a free roam map with AI traffic with myself in a cop car and just patrol for fleeing cars.

98% of the time the fleeing car runs head on into the first car it comes across. Ending all car chases with the first traffic it encounters :( It is like they can not sense other cars?

In free roam, AI cars constantly turn into my vehicle and try to drive thru me as if I am not there. They sit at intersections for 30 or more seconds before turning, with no other AI cars around. I dont know why

Please bring AI back to a working state BeamNG. I have removed all mods and results are the same.

*edit - I am trying to clean the cached based on other posts, no changes. Tried safe mode to, same thing.

#1 N o W a r, Jun 6, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2024
  2. energypolice52

energypolice52
    Expand Collapse

I think ai improvements are coming next update. Beam could definitely use it.

3. FlyingDoge

FlyingDoge
    Expand Collapse

Yeah this isn’t so much a bug as it is the beamng ai being slightly stupid and not knowing how to drive

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice