Advanced engine damage simulation.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by adam.piper62, Feb 9, 2017.

1. adam.piper62

adam.piper62
    Expand Collapse

My suggestion,

As per recent updates, the game now has some very good engine damage features like oil starvation etc.
    What would be great to see is a option to force on certain damage like "damaged piston rings" to see what sort of impact prolonged driving with that will have, without having to wreak your car to get there which normally means a radiator has blown meaning you get about 5 seconds in till the engine dies. (That part of the game is very real and a good feature so do not remove that, i was just giving an example of why my suggestion would be a good idea).

Also things like oil and fuel loss from damaged sumps or ruptured fuel tanks would be nice.

My final idea is to make controllers not do full lock at 150mph, rather turn more realistically. I think its called dampening.

keep up the good work, game has made leaps and bounds since its release.

Thanks,
    Adam

#1 adam.piper62, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Joelvb

Joelvb
    Expand Collapse

Well all these features are present in game already. And the thing with 150mph, no idea what you want to explain

3. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Its something to do with the input you have with the steering as the speed increases you need less angle to take a corner, I think that is what hes trying to explain there Joelvb

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joelvb

Joelvb
    Expand Collapse

Ah now I understand it, thanks

5. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

No Problem

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I think same too, he wants to have steering help which would limit angle of steering by velocity. Common feature to help keyboard controls I believe.

I'm not sure if filtering in game controls would do that, with gamepad I found it is best to keep filtering off, but maybe some could use such steering help.

7. adam.piper62

adam.piper62
    Expand Collapse

yep, thats what i mean thanks, my mate said it was called controller dampening or somthing, ive updated my post to make it more understandable

8. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

No problem, since I was out driving a few days ago I realised what you meant by your first quote on the matter and I can see it being useful but it would need to be looked into

9. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

That being said, I do believe I have seen the devs say (somewhere) that they don't want to add a slip angle calculator so that the game would stay realistic. That way you actually have to be rather good at it to be able to achieve those slip angles yourself (granted, I understand, doing this with a keyboard is next to impossible)

10. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

No its not. I have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Congrats... I didn't say it was, I said that it's next to. Meaning very difficult. If you practice long enough at something anything is doable thus the reason I didn't say that it was impossible.

12. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

I still dont think it was that hard. You just have to quickly tap the steering so as not to understeer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

The day they limit the steering based on speed is the day I stop playing. I hate feeling like a game is holding my hand, even if I know I'd lose control doing what I'm trying to do. I don't play Forza Horizon 3 anymore for that reason alone. It frustrates me to no end when I'm trying to go around a corner and the wheels will not move more than 10 degrees.

Beamng has spoiled me with realism and I can't bring myself to play any other driving game.

14. adam.piper62

adam.piper62
    Expand Collapse

i understand your point, i really do as on a wheel its great, but i cant afford a wheel, so an option would be nice as on a keyboard, the under-steer is horrible and tapping it is just stupid. also try forza on simulation steering with all assist off, that my help, but after all you cant complain that much as its arcade no a sim like say....asseto corsa is.

15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Have you set filtering to keyboard (grip) in controller setup for your steering keys?

I have a broken wheel, so I use a game pad and while it is turning bit too much at times, it is a huge improvement over keyboard, mine is Logitech Rumble Pad 2, not sure if popular xbox controllers are better than that, but game pad is not very expensive and I would say it improves game experience a lot, for drifting I might even prefer game pad over wheel as it makes even slow guy like me able to catch tail randomly, with wheel I would be just too slow for that :)

Then again, steering help that limits steering angle by velocity as an option is not something I would be against, I can see how it could help many to get into game better and to get perhaps excited enough to get game pad later, it would not be away from other players as naturally that would be just an option.

Adjustable steering lock would of course be even simpler to make and that could help keyboard users too as they could set it enough low value.

16. adam.piper62

adam.piper62
    Expand Collapse

thanks for the suggestion i shall try that, but as you say, a setting would be nice!

17. Obliviongamer91

Obliviongamer91
    Expand Collapse

I don't see how an optional driver aid (as in, you can turn it off if you don't like it) would ruin the game. It already has optional throttle aid, clutch aid and shift aid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice